match preparation familiarity levels reset

hi,

so ive been playin 442 for 4 seasons now and all the bars were maxed out. special focus area was set to none as the players were obviously very used to the tactics. i changed briefly to a 4132 tactic for 4 or 5 games then went back to 442.

results recently have been very bad so i thought id check the tactic levels again and to my horror all the levels have went down to minimum except formation which is at half. i havent changed any of the team instructions (i only use shouts) so why would they all go back down to zero?

what changes influence what happens to the bars?

I've not seen this happen in any of my saves. But then again, the match preperation feature leaves something to be desired. It's not very well implemented and it seems to contradict aspects of the tactic creator and ingame shouts. Just saying.

I believe it's more complex than it is shown as being. I have always seen it as a familiarity to a tactic as a team unit, rather than each player. So over the summer, you sign some players, you sell some players, they haven't played together for a while (read: lack of match practice).

It makes sense that players can become more used to playing another tactic, or not playing at all, and need to get back into the rhythm of the old one, in this case 4-4-2.

So what has SI said about the match preparation in terms of rationale for including it and how it's supposed to work? I don't care for it much either, but I have to think it was thought through pretty substantially before making it into the game.

Archived