Favourite International Job?

Never managed a nation for a match. Once took over England but got too bored of it. Dont think I will ever leave Rangers in this save until I am either sacked or won everything. Doubt I would ever go to a national side at all, maybe only England or Northern Ireland. Not Scotland though as I will have already worked with most of the players at one time or another.

had a great save on FM08 or 09 (i can't remember) where i went from colombia (copa america runners up) to ghana (african cup of nations runners up) to australia (WC round of 16- knocked by spain with a raul goal in the 119th minute), went in the premier league for 32 days and went back to australia as i enjoyed it to much then the game crashed.

i always go australia though if i choose to start with a national team

Egypt were, but didnt qualify for the 2018 world cup with a bunch of youngsters that had bags of potential, so left for England.

Bad Idea, the potential came through and they won the 2022 world cup, with me going out on pens in the 2nd round!

After seeing Hekari United play in the World Club Cup, I edited all the players of the the Papua New Guinea squad after a few hours of googling. Managed them for about 3 years, winning quite a few games, smashing Tuvalu 9-0 in my second game. Quite an enjoyable game if you dont mind not qualifying for the bigger tournaments often and enjoy being the underdog in almost every game. Finally moved on when Worcester City offered me their job after 27 job applications to teams at BSN/BSS level.

On FM I have only ever managed Hungary on 08 and I am awful. One 2 games out of 10 I think and am currently bottom of my qualifying group after 3 games because of Andorra's freak 3-3 draw against Turkey.

On CM03/04, I had an international management spell, successful with Nigeria, won African Nations Cup twice and Confederations Cup also got to the quaters of the World Cup. Got sacked by them after losing in the second round of the Confederations Cup, that particular tournament I beat lost 6-4 to Australia and beat Brazil 6-5.

After that spell I became Brazil manager, a two year spell to forget. Then became England manager, found it to be a very easy job, especially when most of the squad was playing for my club side. Only ever won a Confederations Cup though and shortly after losing the final of Euro 2020, I lost the save.

Favourite job would be England but Nigeria is a very close second.

I managed Russia to the 2018 World Cup and then the 2020 Euros hosted in Russia in FM10. That was the most rewarding spell because there were lots of gaps in the squad but there were some excellent youngsters coming through at the same time. I took over France for World Cup '20 and won that with an unknown 17 year old from Real Sociedad on the left of midfield. He wouldn't sign for my club side at the end of the season but I picked up a few years later for £40m for Dortmund and he was immense!

Archived