Having problems with the community site

GD is probably completely the wrong place for me to post this, but I couldn't see anywhere more appropriate, so if a mod wants to move it feel free.

Basically, I wanted to highlight a couple of issues with the functioning of the SI community site. Neither are really detrimental, but both bug me horribly.

Firstly, the Football Manager Forums section still has the FM10 logo on it :p Very petty, I know, but it still bugs me.

The other thing is slightly less petty, but it may well be me being an idiot and working as intended: When you subscribe to a thread you have a few options regarding how you get notified about that thread. 3 e-mail options and one for control panel notifications only. I presumed that "control panel only" would mean the threads would pop up in my notifications box at the top of the page when there were new posts, but this doesn't seem to be the case. I don't want to get e-mails about the threads, because that would be a helluva lot of spam I'd prefer not to have to filter in my email inbox.

As it currently stands, in order for me to find out if a thread has new posts I have to navigate to my settings page - I might just as well navigate to the thread directly, as it takes a similar amount of effort.

If I'm just missing a setting somewhere I'd be grateful if someone could point it out, or if it's actually something that needs fixing I hope this has brought it to the relevant people's attention.

Archived