things that will make footie manager better

advantage play - i hate it when you get fouled and you can clearly counter attack but the game just wont let you do it, so this WILL make the game better and REALISTIC

the game seems fixed when you spend a good bit of money on a player the media will always try ( the game will always try ) to put loads of pressure on your player so he fails so then you have wasted money really because the game has fixed the player to play not as good as he can do, and also another thing which is a problem is some of my players have no heads on the 3d view i dont know why? only sometimes but still that needs fixing too

advantage play - i hate it when you get fouled and you can clearly counter attack but the game just wont let you do it, so this WILL make the game better and REALISTIC

the game seems fixed when you spend a good bit of money on a player the media will always try ( the game will always try ) to put loads of pressure on your player so he fails so then you have wasted money really because the game has fixed the player to play not as good as he can do, and also another thing which is a problem is some of my players have no heads on the 3d view i dont know why? only sometimes but still that needs fixing too

And that doesnt happen IRL :confused:

Torres has had pressure put on him by the media in his last two games since Chelsea spent 'a good bit of money' on him. And he's been rubbish. And I bet if Andy Carroll doesnt score in his first few games he'll get the same treatment aswell.

Also if you scout the player before buying him, you will get a good idea of his consistancy and ability to handle pressure and big games. All the info is there. If your buying players who constantly bottle it under a bit of pressure thats your fault not the games.

And that doesnt happen IRL :confused:

Torres has had pressure put on him by the media in his last two games since Chelsea spent 'a good bit of money' on him. And he's been rubbish. And I bet if Andy Carroll doesnt score in his first few games he'll get the same treatment aswell.

Also if you scout the player before buying him, you will get a good idea of his consistancy and ability to handle pressure and big games. All the info is there. If your buying players who constantly bottle it under a bit of pressure thats your fault not the games.

erm no but ok

erm no but ok

No what?

The game doesnt just suddenly start picking on your players and they bottle it. Its a combination of different things. Things you pick up from scouting like consistancy, how they handle pressure and if they relish the big games. Then you have the media yourself. Unsettle their star players in the way they try to do with yours. And you have team talks. What you say to the player before a game will more often than not determine how he plays.

Blaming the game isnt going to get you anywhere. Your players will just continue to bottle it. You need to find a way of solving the problem and everything will be fine.

also another thing the goal kicks/free kicks taking over 30 secs need sorting out too

Yes especially when you only have key highlights on and you have to sit their and wait for the ball to go out of play, magically reappear on the pitch and then the goalie kicks it and it goes off. How is that a key highlight? Just a waste of time.

We are only in the third year of the 3D ME though so maybe things like that have taken a back foot until they sort the actuall football side of it out. Still annoying though.

No what?

The game doesnt just suddenly start picking on your players and they bottle it. Its a combination of different things. Things you pick up from scouting like consistancy, how they handle pressure and if they relish the big games. Then you have the media yourself. Unsettle their star players in the way they try to do with yours. And you have team talks. What you say to the player before a game will more often than not determine how he plays.

Blaming the game isnt going to get you anywhere. Your players will just continue to bottle it. You need to find a way of solving the problem and everything will be fine.

couldnt agree more, i scout any player i intend on signing at least 3 times to get all of the hidden details like consintency etc.

Also using the media to your advantage is very handy indeed, works just as well agaisnt them!

ABOLUTE FKING JOKE !!! semi final 2nd leg against arsenal dominating the last 20 mins winning 1 0 getting beat 2 1 on agg 3rd season in the game not won anything yet but a great chance to win something 2 minutes added on 91:20 free kick it doesnt get kicked until 91:55 fking joke this game sort it out

There is some advantage played, it's just not always applied. But it is in the game.

FM will be improved once the defensive side of the match engine is somewhere near as advanced as the attacking side, as right now it's just annoying watching defenders stutter, stall and blatantly not react to the play while attackers are constantly on the move and playing through balls, breaking from defence past static opposition defenders or dispossessing the last defender.

You sound more angry that you haven't won anything, than you are at the game.

I'm fairly happy with the advantage setup. Yes it could be better, but the amount of coding and research to get a realistic match engine must be astronomical, and I don't expect a flawless engine every year. Look at games like FIFA and PES which are probably far less realistic in terms of how goals are scored / advantages etc. It's a representation of real football, I don't ever expect to play FM and be confusing it for a real match.

The concern over the form dipping of a new signing is all you, either you're buying the wrong player, saying the wrong thing in the media or the simple answer is that this DOES happen IRL.

With the slow free-kicks, are we talking about opposition time-wasting? or are the free-kicks yours, and your players are slow to take them? is the delay due to a substitution, or injury or the ref is talking to players? Again this is nothing that bothers me too much, as I only treat the match engine as an interpretation of the match.

Archived