You ever just get a perfect result?

I'm Liverpool in 2021,(holidayed till june last year, then took the job), and am one of two teams in the title race, was level on points with Man City. Just played them with 4 games remaining after some indifferent form. Spanked them 4-0 after being a man down due to injury having used all my subs, with my star player scoring a hatrick. So I may just have got the key result that sends the title back to Anfield, and to top it all off, something I didn't realise till after the match, we'd won the game on my birthday! :cool:

I had it work the other way round. I was champions, undefeated throughout the whole season. I was playing against the 18th team in the league, Aston Villa. They have to beat me, and hope the 17th team, Preston North End IIRC, to not win. And yes, they pulled it off. I haven't conceded more than 2 goals in any game in any competition until I lost to Astong Villa 3-2, while PNE, drew.

I always remember a match from FM06. I was playing as Man U on the Champion's League semi-final against an amazing Barcelona team. On the first leg (away), we lost 5-0 in an awful game. Without much hope, on the second leg we beat them 6-0, scoring the winning goal in injury time. I never understood what went on in those matches, but it felt amazing getting that perfect result, just what we needed to go on through to the final.

Sturggling at the bottom end of the EPL. Crunch games coming up against the teams in 19th, 17th and 15th. My preparation? Being spanked 5-2 off Chelsea, 4-2 off Man Utd, and being knocked out of the FA Cup by a Championship team.

Imagine my surprise at winning all three crunch games 4-0. :o

Update on my game, simply as I'm so happy. It came down to the last game of the season. I was 1 point ahead as I'd drawn my 2nd last game. Half time it was 0-0. City were winning 3-0, so I had to get a goal. I threw everything at Leicester, to almost no avail. Then 3 mins in to 2 mins of injury time, Shelvey bangs in the winner for me! I don't think I've ever seen a title won so late on in a season, has to be close to a record! I nearly woke my flatmates up I was so happy!

Some good results for yourselves though! Though in your case Kawee I'm sure Villa as as happy as I am right now!

Update on my game, simply as I'm so happy. It came down to the last game of the season. I was 1 point ahead as I'd drawn my 2nd last game. Half time it was 0-0. City were winning 3-0, so I had to get a goal. I threw everything at Leicester, to almost no avail. Then 3 mins in to 2 mins of injury time, Shelvey bangs in the winner for me! I don't think I've ever seen a title won so late on in a season, has to be close to a record! I nearly woke my flatmates up I was so happy!

Some good results for yourselves though! Though in your case Kawee I'm sure Villa as as happy as I am right now!

Dunno Arsenals 2nd at Anfield in a title shoot-out last game of the 1988/89 season was late, which seen them lift it on goals scored IIRC.

just had the perfect results twice in a row, champions league quarter and semi final against madrid and chelsea, parked the bus in the away game to get 1-0 wins, and somehow managed to do the same again and win 3-0 at home :D

Archived