good players you NEVER WANT TO sign !!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shrek, akinfeev, lloris, and cant be bothered writing down the hundreds of others.

try and steer clear of the majority of names i see people say they have bought because i don't like the idea of knowing everybody goes for a player because he is awesome and yet easy to get

this is kind a strange, but i never sign english players! LOL

I'm from Portugal, and i always start my saves with my favourite team, Benfica. I believe that current theres 0 english players playing in Portugal, and i think the tradition were always like that (apart from that year that Souness managed Benfica), so for me it would be strange to have an english player in my team... so i never sign them!

And in some saves, i could sign some really good english regens and i didn't... simple because they were english!

Never signed anyone who plays or has played for Celtic. Or infact anyone who has ever worn green.

Only once have I tried. Made a bid for there best player in FM11 to see if they would accept because I have never tried to sign a player from them to Rangers but they didnt accept it anyway.

Never signed anyone who plays or has played for Celtic. Or infact anyone who has ever worn green.

Only once have I tried. Made a bid for there best player in FM11 to see if they would accept because I have never tried to sign a player from them to Rangers but they didnt accept it anyway.

This is funny, because in my first foray into football management on FIFA Manager 06 I played as Celtic and signed Barry Ferguson from Rangers. I enjoyed taking their players.

I don't sign anyone from Man Utd, Spurs, and Barcelona, just because I personally dislike them all. I also avoid the easy usual suspects, until I have to play a multiplayer game, then I'll do anything for the win.

Gary Hooper. Biggest waste of time ever in the Premiership. 1 goal in 28 games, and when I warned him to improve his performances or he'd be transfer listed, he just said "See you later".

Also, possibly controversial, Connor Wickham. I can't get him playing consistently. Sure, he has flashes, but as soon as he has one game off form, then thats guaranteed every shot to either go wide or straight at the keeper for the next 3 months.

this is kind a strange, but i never sign english players! LOL

I'm from Portugal, and i always start my saves with my favourite team, Benfica. I believe that current theres 0 english players playing in Portugal, and i think the tradition were always like that (apart from that year that Souness managed Benfica), so for me it would be strange to have an english player in my team... so i never sign them!

And in some saves, i could sign some really good english regens and i didn't... simple because they were english!

Souness isn't English.

Mario Balotelli. I tend to loan him instead if I need a versatile forward.

German players. Because they're typical Germans. I still sign Germans of Turkish descendant though.

Man City players, but it's more because I can't afford their wages.

Surez because he is a man without integrity.

Honestly you're being too nice.

German players. Because they're typical Germans.

Not really sure what to say about this.....

I've never signed Gerrard because he will never come to united.

If a player is signed to : Man Utd, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, OL, OM, Bayern Munich, etc. he's not wanted by me.

Now about the Arsenal bit (given my name): I enjoy watching the gunners, IRL. In-game, it's just too easy IMO playing as any big team. To me the joy of the game is working with a small or mid-sized team or a "sleeping giant" and working with them all the way to a CL final.

It's much better to scout gems (look in France, there are usually many good players for cheap!). That way you can sell them for a healthy profit, or if you keep them, you won't have registration issues for European competitions (home-grown).

I mostly always pick Inter in a new FM game, but I don't go after major well-known worldwide players, because your gonna know the outcome 9 out of 10. So I mostly go after young players who are 18 and under(for Champions League home-grown status), or well scouted unknown players. I love finding a gem and trying to get them to become world-beaters.

Probably Messi. I've always wondered how good he'd be outside of Barcelona but never even bothered putting in a bid because I know it'll get rejected, plus, Messi staying at Barcelona just makes the game seem much more realistic to me, as stupid as that sounds. Has anyone ever bought him, or even just bidded?

Wanye Rooney, Fabregas, Robinho the list can go on.

Don't think I have ever scouted any of them on FM.

Scouted Robinho on Champ Manager 03/04 and he was immense.

oh and since his move to city.. I will never sign Edin Dzeko again ever!.

Surez because he is a man without integrity.

That's your view. I don't like such insinuations being presented as a fact.

Guess your view is caused by his hands ball against Ghana and the bite incident.

First one, every player would have done the same. If you deny, you're fooling yourself. Second one was very wrong of him, but I can't match it with being integer or not.

By the way, you're free not to sign him because you don't like him. That's your choice.

Cesc Fabregas, i've never signed him on any CM/FM.

I know he's good but i've never wanted to sign him.

This.

Not because I don't like him but more to do with the fact I've never used a formation that he has been able to fit into. I like strong CM's, not fluffy powder puffs.

That's your view. I don't like such insinuations being presented as a fact.

Guess your view is caused by his hands ball against Ghana and the bite incident.

First one, every player would have done the same. If you deny, you're fooling yourself. Second one was very wrong of him, but I can't match it with being integer or not.

By the way, you're free not to sign him because you don't like him. That's your choice.

He's right up there with El-Hadji Diouf.

For defending him your own integrity is brough into question.

He's right up there with El-Hadji Diouf.

For defending him your own integrity is brough into question.

What does El-Hadji Diouf have to do with Suarez? I don't think Suarez bite incident isn't worse than the elbow Zidane gave Materazzi in the WC final. Only because Zidane is worshipped by a lot by football fans and people didn't like Materazzi a lot, it is less worse? Or do you think Zidane isn't integer because of that either. El-Hadji Diouf has done a lot more controversial things in and outside the field so I don't see a comparison. I don't know the exact details of all he's done in the past so I don't judge his integrity.

About my intergrity, I didn't defend Suarez biting. I only told it has nothing to do with integrity. Maybe your problem is understanding the meaning of typed letters.

I won't sign anybody who plays for, or has played for Man Utd. This includes staff too. If Man Ure happen IRL to sign a player in my FM team then I have to sell him immediately.

It goes further than just the game for me. I will never, ever, buy a product made by anyone who has ever sponsored Man U.

I won't sign anybody who plays for, or has played for Man Utd. This includes staff too. If Man Ure happen IRL to sign a player in my FM team then I have to sell him immediately.

It goes further than just the game for me. I will never, ever, buy a product made by anyone who has ever sponsored Man U.

i like your attitude

a lot :)

Scottish players, turkish players, Carlos Tevez, and Chris Iwelumo (because he's rubbish).

Why not Scottish players? Do you think there not good enough or is it another reason? I agree there is better players in other leagues but there are very capable bargains you can get in Scotland aswell plus top level players at most clubs would jump at the chance of going to the Championship never mind the Premier League.

Guess your view is caused by his handball against Ghana.

every player would have done the same. If you deny, you're fooling yourself.

to be fair, mate no-one ever denied that we'd all do the same but most of us would have the decency not to celebrate the penalty miss in such an overt way.

Cristiano Ronaldo

I don't sign girls.

That's unfair.

I'd sign Marta or Birgit Prinz and they're girls

;)

What does El-Hadji Diouf have to do with Suarez? I don't think Suarez bite incident isn't worse than the elbow Zidane gave Materazzi in the WC final. Only because Zidane is worshipped by a lot by football fans and people didn't like Materazzi a lot, it is less worse? Or do you think Zidane isn't integer because of that either. El-Hadji Diouf has done a lot more controversial things in and outside the field so I don't see a comparison. I don't know the exact details of all he's done in the past so I don't judge his integrity.

About my intergrity, I didn't defend Suarez biting. I only told it has nothing to do with integrity. Maybe your problem is understanding the meaning of typed letters.

Headbutt, fella

er, and El-Hadji Diouf is being compared to Suarez, as they are both cheats with no respect for other players, the fans or even the beautiful game. That is what he has to do with Suarez.

Maybe your problem is not actually knowing anything about football, given the lack of knowledge of big events and well-known issues you have displayed

PS you have no right to say anything about lack of understanding typed words: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

Archived