Why Does My Last Club Suddenly Hate Me?

In my last save game I was manager of Sheff Wed. After seven seasons I had turned them into the best club in the world. We have won the FA Cup 4 times, the League Cup 4 times, the Euro Cup 3 times, the Premiership 3 times, the Community Shield 3 times, the European Super Cup 3 times and finally the European Champions Cup.

I have been trying for ages to get the board to expand or build a new stadium, but the board always say that we can achieve everything with the stadium we have. The only extra feeder club I have been able to get is Leicester City where I can send players on loan. They turned me down every single time I asked for another, saying that it would be of little benefit. I thought that after winning the Champions Cup that they might see things differently. They didn't.

At this point I decided that I had done everything that I could and resigned. Before I resigned I was a favoured person, as soon as I resigned I was taken off the list. This suprised me, so I downloaded FMRTE and looked into the figures. I really wanted to know what had happened and what my players had thought of me.

The club now have me as disliked 100%!! Now I know I have resigned, but surely after everything I have done for them I might still be respected in some way. I know for a fact that if any manager did that for Wednesday now, they would be loved at the club forever. I was frankly disgusted that the game has treated me this way. I loaded up a save game directly before I resigned (in case I changed my mind at a later date and wanted to carry on being the manger) and I was liked 90%.

Interestingly though, most of the players still had a high respect for me, except one who disliked me 69% (we had fallen out several times in the past, so this didn't suprise me).

Does anyone else feel that I have been harsly treated by the club and has this happened to you too?

On a side note, they employed Steve McClown as my replacement and immediately announced a link with Celtic!!! Damn that board.

So are there any circumstances where you can leave a club and not be disliked? One of the challenges in the game for me is to become favoured personnel/legend at my club before I leave. Not much point if they will automatically hate me when I do step down!

Is the 100 dislike just a temporary measure to stop you getting your old job back straight away, or does it stay that way?

You might want to try quick and dirty fix: use FMRTE and remove dislike condition. And yeah I agree currently it's stupid. I think former club should dislike manager if he resigns in order to join for rival club, for instance, but not if manager resigns for future challenge.

It is frustrating but it's a "quick and dirty" way of preventing you being offered your job back immediately when you leave a club, simple.

That was my first thought too but I find it hard to believe it's the only reason. If that was the case that would be a very poor piece of coding:thdn:

You might want to try quick and dirty fix: use FMRTE and remove dislike condition. And yeah I agree currently it's stupid. I think former club should dislike manager if he resigns in order to join for rival club, for instance, but not if manager resigns for future challenge.

I guess it's the only way to fix the obvious flaw in the game. Very unfair to ruin your relationship with the club just like that.

Do they dislike you even if you leave the club when your contract expires?

Do they dislike you even if you leave the club when your contract expires?

Not too sure about that. On that save I only had a year to go on my contract. I am tempted to continue the game and what happens if I let it expire.

I can understand that making you 100% disliked is a way to stop you from being offered the job again, but if that is the reason, it's a pretty poor piece of programming.

i was at real madrid for 7 season and won the league 7 times, spanish cup 5 times, champions league 3 times and then i resigned to go to Arsenal. I'm still in their icon list and all the players love me, not sure why you are hated so much

Where you offered the job from Arsenal before you quit, or did you quit and then look for a job?

I have tested it using FMRTE and it seems that when you are an icon or a legend, it doesn't affect you. However if you are only their favorite personnel they will dislike you after your resignation.

Thanks for testing this out. Explains then why they dislike me now. Still pretty shoddy programming if you ask me, after what I achieved at the club.

Its something I've loathed for years now, yet never seems to be given any attention at all by SI. There's absolutely no reason why this should be the case. There are quite a number of cases of managers managing teams more than once, yet this will almost certainly prevent it from happening in every single game.

I've taken to checking my "liked" status just before leaving a club, and changing it back to slightly less after leaving, as I feel that's far more realistic than becoming the most hated person in the club's history after taking them to glory they've never had before and probably won't have again.

Archived