Quick Question! Patch and 11.2 DB

The DB uptade is one thing, the update for the version 11.3 it«s another thing! You can uptade the game for version 11.3 but still use the DB that came along with version 11.2 or another DB that you my have or downloaded. When you start a new game, you have a the chance to choose which DB you want (11.0, 11.2 or 11.3)

If i were to make a DB based on the 11.2 patch, if i were then to start the game when the 11.3 patch comes out, would it work? And which patch would the game work on? Thanks!

My plan is to make the db now during my free time, and play once 11.3 comes out immideatly.

So i could on the editor choose 11.2... then in the game choose 11.3 when it comes out?

Or on the editor choose 11.2...then go into the editor load up 11.3 when it's out, load up the .db and save it again?

Thanks!

Just to clear things up.

There are two things to consider:

A) Version/Patch - This updates the game code when you install the patch, you can continue games started on an earlier patch or start a new one.

B) Database - This is the information related to the clubs/players/staff etc, for example player attributes. Any database is compatible with any patch and you can create one now to either start when you install the patch or continue if you choose to start now.

Basically, start a new game now before 11.3, a game with your DB changes.

A soon as you've started, so say day 1, save your game as whatever you save it as.

Then, once 11.3 is available, simply update your game with 11.3 and re-load your previously saved game.

The update will not change your DB but will add all other updates.

However, every other NEW game you start will be 11.3 WITH the new DB.

Basically, start a new game now before 11.3, a game with your DB changes.

A soon as you've started, so say day 1, save your game as whatever you save it as.

Then, once 11.3 is available, simply update your game with 11.3 and re-load your previously saved game.

The update will not change your DB but will add all other updates.

However, every other NEW game you start will be 11.3 WITH the new DB.

Thats not quite right.

When you install the 11.3 patch it will add another database to your FM folder.

If/when you start a new game you have the option of starting with any of the databases - One of the ones released by SI, one you've edited yourself or one created by someone else that you have downloaded.

Archived