Pre-season, players all tired

In my 4th season now with Blackpool, just finished 3rd last year. In pre-season now and all my players are knackered. Same pre-season schedule as before (fitness coaches 20 and 17), last year only played 3 cup games added onto the league. A few players had a few internationals but they got a week rest added, yet everyone is knackered. 80% at most going into a match. Doesnt even say lacking in match fitness just says tired or exhausted. i always rest my players for one or two days as well after games, have been doing this for 3 seasons. Can't fathom why they are like this

I didn't cheat, just had a team that worked very well with a very in-form Andy Carroll. I finished; 15th, 10th and 3rd ... anyway it's besides the point

I just found it quite hard to believe...

BUT

i apologise and take my 'very well done' comment :)

in answer to your post...

i don't get what your trying to say...its pre-season...of course their condition isn't going to be great...

are you beginning/middle/end of pre-season?

It was 2013, Kyle Walker and Ochoa went to the CONFED cup but they're on a rest but in good shape anyway

About 4 players had two or three international games in early june, they all got an extra week off, yet every player is shattered.

I know they're condition isn't going to be great, but come on, some of them arte down to 45% by half time! That has never happened before. I'm in mid-July had my first friendly in Galway as well so hardly the hot conditions affecting them, then had a second

Happens to me occasionally too. I tend to spread pre-season matches out by about 5 days for the first couple of weeks, then make them every 3-4 days with the last one exactly a week before the first real game of the season. It doesn't matter too much if they're tired and below 80% in pre-season, doing this should mean they're 95% or higher for the first game and will then recover properly during the season.

I also have a separate preseason training regime,which all outfield players go into. Strength and aerobic are both on the higher side of medium, with everything else on the lower side. Two weeks before the first game of the season, I'll switch them all back to the normal regimes (with strength/aerobic both at the highest mark where it still says light).

Happens to me occasionally too. I tend to spread pre-season matches out by about 5 days for the first couple of weeks, then make them every 3-4 days with the last one exactly a week before the first real game of the season. It doesn't matter too much if they're tired and below 80% in pre-season, doing this should mean they're 95% or higher for the first game and will then recover properly during the season.

I also have a separate preseason training regime,which all outfield players go into. Strength and aerobic are both on the higher side of medium, with everything else on the lower side. Two weeks before the first game of the season, I'll switch them all back to the normal regimes (with strength/aerobic both at the highest mark where it still says light).

yeah i do exactly the same, really make em sweat through pre-season with a high and vigorous regime in the strength and aerobic sections.

Also, i know it makes no difference in FM but i'll also tour a really hot country or one where they can train at high altitude (i.e. austria) so i can pretend that they are better prepared for the season! haha

im similar, i keep it light for the first two weeks of them being back, then i hammer the training and games for a month, then let off a week or so before the first competitive game. I use a very intensive physical preseason training schedule which changes into more technical when the games start.

ye i have a pre-season schedule. high aerobic and strength with little ball work done

I do the same schedule during pre-season and have never had an issue with players too tired. How many games are you playing during pre-season? I find that if you have a couple of good (at least 18) fitness coaches and play about 6 pre-season games the players should be fully fit for the forthcoming season. I rotate my players pretty regularly making sure that they all get 3 full 90 minutes and like I said they are normally fine.

Archived