Best ever signing?

In FM11 for value its got to be Boakye from Barcelona. Great scoring record. Had him on loan then got him for free. Forlan runs him close as he also has scored alot of goals for me however he is on big wages and isnt exactly getting younger where as Boakye is on relatively small wages and is only 22.

Unsure about my "best signing ever" however in any of them FM games. Maybe Andres Guardado in 07 but cant really pick one.

Dunno if it's my best signing but i bought Seamus Coleman for Forfar Athletic in FM08 when he was still at Sligo Rovers. Set me back around £100k of the £250k i received from Dunfermline for my then captain, but he tore up the Scottish Second Division. :)

In terms of value for money, i bought Ángel di María for £2.5m and Hulk for £2.8m - both for Liverpool on FM10. If only real life was that kind.

Willie Howie 00/01 for Fiorentina. Won me back to back to back to back to back to back CHAMPS LEAGUES! Epic player and got him from Partick Thistle for less than 500k. If only he didnt get beaten up in real life...

John O'Shea £0 for Spurs great utility defender and only wanted £5000/week at 31 played until 36 as a cover sub.

A Regen in Fm09 called Alex Siadov was a quality striker who would bag 25+goals/season.

and there were a few who are up there like Dzeko, Tevez, Agusto, Lajic, Ajseno.

FM 06 - Clint Dempsey

FM 07 - Greame Dorrans/Robert Snodgrass

FM 08 - Noel Hunt

FM 09 - Sebastian Larsson

FM 10 - Elliot Omozusi

FM 11 - Adam Rooney

All players that i signed for Hibs.

Adam Rooney, Jamie Murphy, Gary Kenneth and a boy called Johnny Russel from Dundee Unitd are good Scottish players you could try and sign for Hibs. Russel went to Monaco in my save for about 4 million.

On Fm2010, it was an American regen called Nathan Vasquez. Picked him up, age 22/23, for a hefty sum, around £30m, but he then paid me back with 8 years of incredible service, and then after I left, 8 more to the club, Liverpool(He stayed amazing for ages, I think his PA and CA must have actually been 200). Scored an incredible amount of goals, was immense. Regularly averaged over 8.00 rating a reason.

Adam Pepper for my Boro team or Yoann Gourcuff for my Sunderland team.

Yet to see Adam Pepper do well for anyone else, he was bloody unreal for me.

Also Sergio Biscuits for my Boro team as well, think I had him for eleven year and he captained me for the majority to several league titles and a few Champions League trophies.

FM07 - They were all terrible...

FM08 - Andy Carroll (£29.5 mil) or Stefan Fredrikssen [regen] (£4 mil): Both Great Strikers.

FM09 - Ivan [regen] (Free at 18): Best attacking midfielder I've ever had on FM. Scored a freekick ever 4-5 games and scored from open play just as often. Got about an assist per match.

FM10 - Simon Gillett (£3 mil at 16): Got upward of one and a bit goals per game. Club Legend at 21, scored over 400 goals by 26.

FM11 - Not sure yet. So far probably Daudo Barro [regen] (£1.4 mil at 18) - Best player I've seen in this version so far. Gets about a goal per game. Can score a goal any which way he chooses. A deadly combination of pace and power!

Midway through season 6, started with Middlesbrough, took 2 seasons for promotion and have scrapped in the bottom half of the EPL since, just to put some perspective on it.

Daniel Sturridge (free) was pretty good, made me a tidy £11.5m selling him to Spurs after 2 seasons after scoring 30 goals for me. Similarly Michael Mancienne (£1.2m) has ran my defence since getting promoted.

Best real player though, has to be Yaya Sanogo (Barcelona, £2.5m). I'd already missed out on him once, but got him at the second time of asking. I'd had him on loan before he moved to Barca, so he listed me as favoured club, so I beat off teams from around Europe.

Best regen was from the Southampton academy. He scored 9 EPL goals in 29 games as a 16 year old for Southampton, which was about half of their goals that season. English, talented, £7.5m. Beat Barcelona off as well :)

regen called laurence fowler. He playes AMR - i thought it was christiano ronaldo's replacement in the game becasue of his uncanny comparison in regards to scoring, though ronaldo hasn't retired yet so it can't be. Anyway, he's 21 and has scored 40 goals for me this season from AMR. Great player, pace to burn, great finisher, scores about 80% of his one on ones. Needless to say i've tied him down on a long term contract and he only wanted 35k per week. a true professional. Oh and i've had him since he was 14 - got him for 250k

As of now on this game, its Babacar (12mil). Mentioned in a similar thread, was the ultimate legend for my Ajax team. (Got 330 something goals in 360 something games)...

However! I've got a young dutch newgen who was a wonderkid which I bought for 35mil from Liverpool at 18. First proper season (aged 19) got 42 in 44 and in my current season, he's got 21 in 11 or 12 games. I believe I may need to apply the God tag to him and remove it from Babacar in future if he keeps up his epic goalscoring in the coming years.

A dude called Pat Barry will always go down as one of my CM all time greats

In CM 01/02, I got sacked at the Blues & took the job at Notts County in the now League 2. I snapped this guy up for £25,000 from a non league Welsh team & he was a first teamer for me all the way up to the Premiership. By the time he was a footballing old crinkly I had gotten into Europe & gave him a run out.

The guy's career started off in non league football, he went up through League 2,1 the Championship & the Premiership with my Notts County team & even played in Europe, even though at this point he was a little past it. He was nothing spectacular but did the job, I had him for around 13 years & I even made him an honorary coach at the end of his playing skint even though he was pants. One of my CM Legends !!

Used to be able to get a kid called Lulinha mega-cheap on FM08, think I got him for about 2mill with Sheffield Utd. then sold him for about 35 to Barca 3 seasons later. On 11 both Babacar and Sanogo are immense signings when you can get a good deal for them.

Adam Pepper for my Boro team or Yoann Gourcuff for my Sunderland team.

Yet to see Adam Pepper do well for anyone else, he was bloody unreal for me.

Also Sergio Biscuits for my Boro team as well, think I had him for eleven year and he captained me for the majority to several league titles and a few Champions League trophies.

not sure if you mean for 2010, but in 2010 i had pepper replace gerrard. on 2010 pepper was a legend. not tried him on 2011 yet.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/167812-FM-10-Adam-Pepper?highlight=adam+pepper

A Hungarian regen, Attila Molnar (yes, I made the first name/nationality connection right from the start as a headline-writers dream) in FM 10. I was at Juve, having dragged them up from rather had times (not only mid-table expectations but being 17th when I joined), and after quickly taking them back into 'european qualification level' found what looked like a remarkable player, finishing 'only' 15 but had a load of other excellent stats, especially for pace and dribbling (a defence-penetrating combo I like to see), he was a lean pacy attacking machine and no mistake. I was amazed when Atletico accepted what was merely a probing 15m bid. He started out getting a 2 goals every 3 games in the first couple of seasons, then moved up to around a goal a game, that including CL and Internationals (where he averaged over a goal a game, despite merely being Hungarian) as well as league games. He was just as consistently awesome as anyone I'd ever seen. Sadly due to a fixed crash dump point I had to leave Juve (just after winning the title) to keep the save, and later broke my usual periodic 'no-international job' trend just so I could manage him in his last couple of years. Even then he still had it, including 2 goals against France early on in his last season, and they were't lucky deflections or tap ins, one was straight in from a free-kick and the other just as artistic. he still had his old touch he retired with well over 100 international goals in a fair fewer games, like Gerd Muller but better. Probably the closest I've ever got to being in love with a player. Though at the same time he was helped by a Moroccan midfielder who I often put on the left wing, one of my first Juve signings for around £10M, who assisted as madly as Molnar scored, consistently keeping up (and even beating him) ratings wise. It's like they were meant for each other.

Best signing in my current save is Josh Magennis, for Charlton on a free from Aberdeen. Top scorer in his first two seasons, in League One and then the Championship. I am certain that the only reason I lost on the Playoff Final in the Championship was that Magennis was on Four Associations International duty with Northern Ireland :(

Best signing was a regen or something.

Giovani Biondi.

Played 169 times for Italy and scored 163 goals or something? And he played every game possibly for me, winner of the World Player of the Year 6 times in a row. Always top goal scorer. Scoring about 40 - 50 league goals a season.

Cost me €22m at 17 years of age. Worth every penny.

I guess in my current FM10 [waiting for 11.3] save my all time top goal scorer, Koray Topcu, Turkis striker.

15p1gnm.png

Atm I got a 19yr old spanish ST that seems to be as much of a talent as my 'ol Topcu, 22 goals last season :)

And this is my GK, although I got another one that is replacing him :D

6yegsz.png

Eden Hazard for Arsenal 15 million pounds . Player of Premiership first season.

or it is Badelj for Besiktas for 2million pounds, managed him 8 years long before i went to Spurs, he was worth 22 million pounds after i've left Besiktas hes quality bargain.

Archived