Player form calculator

gallery_1_1_9564.png

What is it?

Three Excel spreadsheets designed to calculate your players' forms by just entering their stats and season stats. Also I have given you a chart so you can keep track of your player season by season.

How does it work?

It uses a complicated algorithm (Maths code) to select the information and manipulate it in a fair and precise way. The bigger the value the better the form.

How is it useful?

You can now keep track of your players to decide whether you better cash in before they dry up completely or if they are progressing fast or even in their peak! You can also determine your most efficient players and whether someone is worth buying for your team from last season's statistics.

No problem I hope it works for you :). It is good for seeing who is past their peak, in their peak and growing (mainly youngsters for the latter) but also scouting players who are 26 to see if they are still hitting it at the top level and basically just seeing who is playing for you and doing well.

It is really easy to use so it doesn't take too long to load or put in your stats and with the chart sheet you can duplicate it and track your squads progress.

Let me know how you find it.

Best wishes,

Dec

• 2 weeks later...

The formulas don't work well for defenders. My defenders all end up in the 20's and my forwards end up in the 100's. There should be a smaller range. My defenders are getting in the 7.25 range for match ratings and my forwards are geting in the 8.25 range. So I do expect the forwards to have a higher form rating obviously, but it shouldn't be that different.

Basically the formula CANNOT be linear if you want a good output. It must be a polynomial function to produce realistic outputs. Also I don't think you need to account for goals/assists/cards since those are already accounted for in the match rating provided by FM.

(I have a degree in computer science so math is sort of my thing)

Tyler - I am using the season stats. Obviously strikers are rated more highly than everyone as they win matches. How often has Baines been praised as he has assisted a lot not because of defending? Obviously it won't be perfect and I tried to make it as linear as I could but I will try to tone it down a bit again, thanks.

Archived