An idea for journeyman saves...

Well at the moment you get to choose what currency the game is played yet in real life this would not be an option, people are always talking about making the game as true to life as possible, so i think maybe take the option of choosing what currency the game is played in. this way say if you took control of a club in england pound sterling, then later on down the save you take a job offer in holland you would have to get used to the euro currency and so and so forth, this is how it would work in real life, foreign managers coming to the premiership have to get used t the currency here like everywhere else. benitez has been in spain, england and italy in the last ten years.

obviously its not something that is needed but for the amount of time i hear people striving for realism this would be a minute step to help reach it, if it ever gets reached!

I think its perfectly reasonable for a manager in a foreign country to use his own currency. When Schteve McClaren went to FC Twente and he was interested in buying a player, I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility that when he found out player x was valued at 7m Euros, he asked somebody, or even worked it out himself, what 7m Euros was in £ so he could decide wether the player was worth it or not.

Its not like your going to the shop to buy groceries. Your paying players x a week or buying players for y. I bet most managers in foreign leagues would use the figures and convert to their own currency to get a better idea of the figures involved and what they are actually dealing with. Its easier for european managers because most are on Euros anyway so it doesnt apply.

I play the game in US Dollars, and I intend to play the game in USD in the near and far future.

It's nice to have some personal preference in the game...you can personally change the currency yourself to be realistic. And it's impossible to be totally realistic because not every currency is in the game. :)

Archived