Patch Speculation - There's no point in discussing it...but...

We're always told there's no point in creating thread after thread about when the patch is coming out and so on...

Don't ask because it'll be out when's it's ready...

Yeah yeah...

But what if WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT WHEN WE THINK IT'S COMING OUT?!

Can we not just have one thread where we ARE allowed to SPECULATE?

If not just to humour us or even ADD some humour to the anticipation.

I hereby suggest that this thread remains open for all those who are quite happy to SPECULATE about when new patches may be released, especially with 11.3 hopefully not too far away.

In fact, I SPECULATE based on previous patch releases that 11.3 will be available to us all TODAY!!!!!

So can we keep this open, even if some see there being no point! It gives us (the dreamers/believers and hopefulls) somewhere, rather than nowhere!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting it to come out today too. That said, I'm not too bothered either way. I'm enjoying my current game, and will have to do some deep soul searching before deciding if I should follow my usual pattern and start again with the final patch or just continue with the game I'm playing.

I don't know if I could live without one regen of mine in particular. Sure I will have to eventually anyway, but I want to savour the kid's career.

I said I thought it might be out today PURELY based on patches being released the same date in previous years but what do others think?

Will the patch be released today just because it's ready AND it's Valentines day or maybe there are other reasons for other days?

Once it's ready, what process do you think SI go through in chosing a release date?

On Wednesday around 3pm im guessing. If it comes out any later today than 1pm i will have no way of knowing until Wednesday anyway. Been visiting the forum any free time i get which needs to stop. Very counter productive, like looking through the Argos book when i was a kid the whole of December hahah

Very counter productive, like looking through the Argos book when i was a kid the whole of December hahah

So I'm not the only one who used to do that lol

The last patch has always been out on or around Valentine's Day as far as I can remember. I can't motivate myself to start a new game knowing its just around the corner, so hopefully it does.

As the other thread was closed before I could reply...

I think all most of us ever want is a general idea of a date - and don't say it's pointless to suggest a date cause things might not go as planned, i think we all get that but it's nice to plan ahead where possible.

What's the big deal in telling us about patches in the same way SI do about the actual release?

What's so wrong in saying, "the patch isn't far off, we're testing it now and all being well, the end of this week is possible and what we are aiming for"???

I can't see an issue in releasing that sort of statement. It's not fact, it's not saying it will definitely be the end of the week but it's point is to inform the fan base about progression - how is that so bad?

To just keep to the silence and repeat, "It'll be out when it's ready" is so negative and just annoys people - hence all the threads like, 'start a new game or wait for patch' - people just don't know what to do cause they can't plan ahead.

(I'm ready to be flamed by fanboys now....)

As the other thread was closed before I could reply...

I think all most of us ever want is a general idea of a date - and don't say it's pointless to suggest a date cause things might not go as planned, i think we all get that but it's nice to plan ahead where possible.

What's the big deal in telling us about patches in the same way SI do about the actual release?

What's so wrong in saying, "the patch isn't far off, we're testing it now and all being well, the end of this week is possible and what we are aiming for"???

I can't see an issue in releasing that sort of statement. It's not fact, it's not saying it will definitely be the end of the week but it's point is to inform the fan base about progression - how is that so bad?

To just keep to the silence and repeat, "It'll be out when it's ready" is so negative and just annoys people - hence all the threads like, 'start a new game or wait for patch' - people just don't know what to do cause they can't plan ahead.

you have a general idea already, between now and the first week in march.

They do the same with releases. They only tell us a date when they KNOW they can meet it. Same with patches, same with the actual game release.

People will take it as fact though. Then everyone will complain that they missed the guessed date.

This type of comment doesn't help anyone, so leave it out next time.

(I'm ready to be flamed by fanboys now....) This type of comment doesn't help anyone, so leave it out next time.

Wasn't desinged to 'help' anyone, it's sadly what you come to expect on this forum at times - no offence meant to anyone.

I wont put it again though, for the sake of it ruffling anyone's feathers.

Going back to my point, there's still no real argument FOR not saying the patch is on schedual for a release by the 18th of Feb is there?

If something goes wrong, it then ceases to be on schedual...another simple post to say why and when it ay be re-scheduled could be made, all the time keeping us informed?! Don't see the issue.

It's just about the right balance of commuication for me.

Honestly, I couldn't care less when the patch is out specifically like the 16th or something, I just want it to be ready for use. But I would still love to know a more narrow time frame than, "when it's ready, or sometime between now and then end of March...maybe"

LOL yeah the guy who runs the company says no, but people have "sources" that say it will, who to believe..................

And is it impossible that at the time Miles tweeted that, there could of been a bit of a development regarding the patch afterwards and his initial thinking that it wont get released today, could well be u-turned? And i didnt say anything about sources when i said not to take it as "cast iron certain" i just meant that (as ive said) things could change after Miles tweeted

And is it impossible that at the time Miles tweeted that, there could of been a bit of a development regarding the patch afterwards and his initial thinking that it wont get released today, could well be u-turned? And i didnt say anything about sources when i said not to take it as "cast iron certain" i just meant that (as ive said) things could change after Miles tweeted

when the head guy at SI says he can guarantee it wont be today then i would say there is no chance of that changing, anyway its been confirmed it definitely will not be released today so its a pointless discussion really.

I guess it's safe to assume it will be out between 16feb and 1 march if it follows the pattern from the last years.

As for myself i don't really care much if the patch is out today or 2 weeks from now because i a enjoy playing the game as it is.

I suggest a mod changes the title of this post to Patch Speculation 11.3, and then makes it a sticky. Why? Well it allows people to talk about the patch and ask things about it without hundreds of different posts about patches. They are going to happen loads in the next few weeks, as some numb nutts says he has searched for posts on the new patch and cant find one! Then when the patch finally arrives it can be binned. Jobs a goodun!

I understand why they don't reveal a precise target date in advance. I just get irrationally annoyed because I got sacked in my game and without anything other than a vague timeframe I can't decide whether to keep going with that save or wait to start a new one when the new patch drops. Course, this wouldn't be an issue if I didn't suck at the game. So I'm gonna go on and externalise the issue to SI being the great satan. That's what's up here.

Waiting to start a new game,recently retired from a long term save as that started to get boring.

Tried a quick start until the new patch comes out but just cannot get into it and can't get motivated to get into the game knowing that it'll soon be deleted.

Frustrating, as after buying the game in November I'm still waiting for it to be "perfect".

Cant knock the effort that goes into getting the game up to date though,keep up the good work SI...how ever long it takes ;)

Do I have a super version of FM or something? I play both online, and single player games, and am very happy with how the game is running? The only time I find bugs is when I come on here and read about problems other people have. Not showing off, just saying I find it odd how so many people are complaining about an unplayable game ad yet we have people who have created save games to 2160...

when the head guy at SI says he can guarantee it wont be today then i would say there is no chance of that changing, anyway its been confirmed it definitely will not be released today so its a pointless discussion really.

When the head guy at SI has got time to mess about on twitter when there is a patch to be released, it doesnt really look good. More work less play!

The only thing i dont understand is that they are so "scared" about being wrong for a few days so they wont announce anything,and they are not scared,and have courage to publish incomplete games for years.They seem very comfortable with that.

And since someone invented the rule "It will be out when is ready" we are almost not allowed to ask about the release date and when will fully work something that we have payed months ago.

I own a cell phone store and I invite all of you to buy broken cell phones and pay for new ones,but i promise to repair them during this year,but dont ask for date,I will repair them when I am ready.

I will probably get banned again,but everything I said is truth,even the comparison.

P.S. If someone wants to argue about how game is playable,look at the bugs forum,there are more posts than tactic or player guide forum.People are talking more about bugs and patch then game

Since I work at a software company in the states, I can promise that they have a deadline and a date in mind. Also I can promise that the date they have in mind has moved back a few times already. I understand why they wont release dates: for every 1 of us sane people who understand missed deadlines there are 30 impatient people who will give them crap. However, I would suggest one thing to SI: once you get within a month of the ETA...tell us it's two months away. Then when you release it on time (which to the consumer looks like you are releasing it early) everyone will be happy.

Of course, it doesn't matter. Just as long as you guys release a final patch before FM12 comes out I'll be fine.

"the patch isn't far off, we're testing it now and all being well, the end of this week is possible and what we are aiming for"???

We've pretty much done that.

It's being worked on and we'd like to have it out in the last couple of weeks of Feb - assuming no probs in dev or testing.

Just got an excellent draw with my dart team to make it 11 wins and 1 draw over the season. Basically drew with Real with us being Barca so thats the league title in the bag. As you may of guessed iv being drinking and came home with shear desperation in my heart the patch has been realised. Once again SI has broken my heart but like the dirty little slu*t I am i will always go running back to them. When will i ever learn? :p

Archived