One question about patch 11.3

I just have one specific question about the final patch... I've asked in a couple of other threads but it gets lost amongst the other load of posts and never answered :(

The biggest problem for someone like me - who likes a career game - is the manager reputation never increasing despite how well you do, so it's impossible to land a decent job when starting with Sunday league rep and guiding a lower league side up the tables. What I'd like to know is when this is addressed in Patch 11.3 (and I'm faithfully assuming it will be seeing as it's a game ruiner for plenty of career game folk on here.....) is this going to be save-game compatible? I really, really, really hope so - because I've spent so long turning the hopeless Banbury United into a half-decent outfit and don't want to have to start all over again! :rolleyes:

Even if it is save game compatible, you won't get an instant reputation boost in your Banbury game. Which means that you still have to start from zero but you might eventually be able to move on if you continue to be successful.

As for the imminent release of the patch, why are people expecting it to be out before another couple of weeks? The 10.3.0 wasn't out before March last year and 9.3.0 release date was February 26th. Can't see how this one's going to be any sooner considering the vast amount of problems with 11.2 that need to be solved.

Another quick question on the same subject... if the manager rep bug is fixed and is save-game compatible.... is this going to start from when the patch is installed, or will it back-track and take into consideration everything you've done from the start?

I know it looks like I'm being pedantic or whatever but I'm genuinely interested to know these things! Thanks in advance :thup:

EDIT: Just read the above post which answers this... disappointing news but thanks anyway Äktsjon Männ.

Even if it is save game compatible' date=' you won't get an instant reputation boost in your Banbury game. Which means that you still have to start from zero but you might eventually be able to move on if you continue to be successful.

As for the imminent release of the patch, why are people expecting it to be out before another couple of weeks? The 10.3.0 wasn't out before March last year and 9.3.0 release date was February 26th. Can't see how this one's going to be any sooner considering the vast amount of problems with 11.2 that need to be solved.[/quote']

I remember once it was out on San Valentine day. That's way people is considering, since now, each day the possible one. In addition to that I've played with 11.2 and it was a good game so I don't think it needs so many fixes. Anyhow I have no idea at all how long it takes to fix a software.

LOL sources!! Please do share these sources!

FM Sources have leaked information. The reason it came out so lat last year was because many managers were sacked and a few complications, apparently FM have been working on many of the bugs before february so if not tonight, definetly tomorrow.

FM Sources have leaked information. The reason it came out so lat last year was because many managers were sacked and a few complications, apparently FM have been working on many of the bugs before february so if not tonight, definetly tomorrow.

FM sources, really? Like i said please share them, show me some evidence of this please.

Your rep honestly does go up with success. It just takes a good while. Whether the time scale is accurate is debatable but I don't think it is far off.

I started in league 2 with Bradford as a semi-pro footballer and unedited database. It is now 2022/3 and I am still with them. They are now premier league but have never finished higher than 6th (I have hit a brick wall with breaking the top 5 and cannot see me doing it but have finished 6th twice). I have had 4 promotions and 1 relegation. I have never won a cup and have never got past the 2nd knockout round of the EURO cup but my reputation is continental now (and has been for about 3 seasons I think) and I have just been very pleasantly surprised to be offered and have accepted the England job unsolicited. That said, I have never been offered one of the top 5 jobs but if I look at it objectively there are certain to be at least a few better/higher rep managers than me around/poachable at any given time. If I do something with England I would expect a top 5 job and be disappointed with the system if I didn't get one. But so far it has played very fair by me.

That said, I have never been offered one of the top 5 jobs but if I look at it objectively there are certain to be at least a few better/higher rep managers than me around/poachable at any given time. If I do something with England I would expect a top 5 job and be disappointed with the system if I didn't get one. But so far it has played very fair by me.

On top of that, if you don't actively solicit a top 5 job there's a huge chance it'll just go in-house.

I've seen United and Chelsea both managed by awful coaches they promoted in house.

On top of that, if you don't actively solicit a top 5 job there's a huge chance it'll just go in-house.

I've seen United and Chelsea both managed by awful coaches they promoted in house.

Definitely agree with this. I too have stared dumbfounded at some appointments (In my save Man Utd hired an ex jamaican international as manager whose only relevant previous experience was 2 weeks as their youth coach).

Was purely defending the reputation system to the OP in so much as it is perfectly possible to build a career and a tangible progression in reputation within a realistic timescale through the game world.

Another thing with manager rep. Mourinho was sacked by Real after his first season. He has now been unemployed for two seasons. Could really see that happen IRL... :rolleyes:

If I had the money Mourinho has the last thing I would do is to work.

Archived