The transfer windows

Guest El Payaso

Guest El Payaso

I know that I'll propably not get any answers from SI, but what the heck.

1. First of all; why are teams buying players for fun? Isn't the main aim of buying players to improve certain areas of your team. If certain team has a world class left back and a promising back-up, what's the point of buying two more left backs to the team? I'm in my third season and other teams are still buying 6-10 players every transfer window.

2. Why are underaged youngsters so willing to go abroad and why teams are selling their young promising players so cheaply? Messi didn't go to Arsenal when he was 16-year-old and Barcelona probably wouldn't have sold him for about three million pounds.

1. First of all; why are teams buying players for fun? Isn't the main aim of buying players to improve certain areas of your team. If certain team has a world class left back and a promising back-up, what's the point of buying two more left backs to the team? I'm in my third season and other teams are still buying 6-10 players every transfer window.

2. Why are underaged youngsters so willing to go abroad and why teams are selling their young promising players so cheaply? Messi didn't go to Arsenal when he was 16-year-old and Barcelona probably wouldn't have sold him for about three million pounds.

But Fabregas did.

I actually find there are a number of youngsters who won't sign for you unless you give them a ridiculously high wage which is basically them telling you they won't leave unless you throw money at them. Usually its the german youngsters who resist going until they're a bit older.

But Fabregas did.

I sort of understand how you feel.....but dj makes a pretty dam good point lol

The youngster side of things is realistic. Youngsters are always moving abroad from other countries to bigger teams, it's just not a well highlighted thing. Lets be fair, if Chelsea didn't get accused of tapping up Gael Kakuta no one will have known about that transfer. And I've gotta be honest, I don't actually remember any news on Arsenal signing Febregas when they did.

The media don't tend to take notice unless its transfers of players that are actually known to the public. As for selling them, unless theres a pre-contract agreement in place for when they turn whatever age it is in whatever country they're in, there's not much the clubs can do but take it to a tribunal to agree a fee, whilst in FM its pre-determined.

Archived