Most You've payed for a player?

£26 million for the best regen I have ever seen. 17 when I signed him, with 20 pace and 20 acceleration, along with the potential to make anyone I had look like an amateur.

He's now 22, worth 23.5 million on his profile page (so would sell for 40-60 mil easily), has 43 portugal caps and 117 league starts for me. His biography calls him "one of world football's global superstars", he has 14 competition wins to his name and has been on the Golden Ball shortlist 4 times.

10 natural fitness is his only real "weakness", and 6-9's in set piece ratings other than penalties (14), so as long as I can rest him occasionally and not have him taking throws/corners, he's pretty much flawless.

The guy's so good I started playing a sweeper tactic just so I can play to his strengths.

Jesus. That's alot he must been really really good. I could build a decent side for that :).

He's absolute top class. While I understand noone is really worth that much, I had a high transfer budget and was looking for just 1 striker, I was good to go in all other positions so I thought why not..

In this save I spent £70mil on a Brazilian regen called Marquinhos. His stats are pretty much perfect, in fact I would call him a fitter Ronaldo! His constant goal to game ratio of at least 2:1 means he was worth it. In FM10 I am sad to say I spent £120mil on Cesc Fabregas. I dont think I would spend that much now though.

22 million euro for Eden Hazard, Hercules 2nd season. The opportunity came along and i couldn't resist it, it was totally against my transfer policy but it was a unique chance to snap him up.

Yes, sometimes it happens that the soul kills the brain..... :p

In this save I spent £70mil on a Brazilian regen called Marquinhos.

Strangely, on each of my 3 long term saves on FM11 there has been an amazing brazillian regen called Marquinhos!

Does SI know something we dont know...?

and on topic...

£25m for Hugo Loris on my stoke save...

Probably around the 15M mark...

Thanks to the not-so-perfect transfer system I've been able to build competitive squads just with "average" players and with good ones signed on free transfer.

Usually by the time I'm at a club with enough money to afford ultra-expensive players the gameworld is full of newgens whose actual quality is much lower than their pricetag, so I don't really need to spend...

Archived