A few thoughts

I've been playing CM/FM since the Domark days of the early 90's I'm always astounded by the leaps and bounds made in each new edition. I have just a few thoughts on some possible future ideas.

1, Don't ever make the game easier or bring in different difficulty levels. The realistic difficulty of the game has always been one of it's main strengths.

2, Don't ever turn it into a FIFA, PRO EVO director or chairman game setting prices and ground modifications.

3, I'd like to see not licenced stadia but more accurately sized stadia for clubs. Also choice of netted off or steward segregation between fans at games. Stadiums full when shown as a sell out rather than empty seats, better allocation of tickets depending on whether a league or cup game and size of away support.

4, Possibly bring in a little more potential of tapping up good managers to bigger clubs.

5, I would like to see celebrations for winning trophies on the pitch.

6, I will think of some more. However by and large it's always been a terrific game but a season gap with a big tidy up of all outstanding bugs would be welcomed by most. Especially as it would give those with PC's that are struggling to keep pace at least a year's grace

I agree with these, but I would like to comment on points 3 and 5:

You need to remember, the 3D match mode has only been around since FM09. In only two releases since then, I feel like it's come along very well. I would love to see these things too, but it's something that just needs to be given a bit of time!

Every year SI seem to improving and increasing the amount of animations and amount of interactions that the player (us) have with all forms of the AI in game so I am sure that we will see something along the lines of what you have said ginger.

Thank's for coming back folks. I agree with the point's made.

Even though I've been playing for years I've never been consistently successful . This is what keeps me coming back for more. It's great to think that you never master it and thers always plenty more to learn.

My greatest achievement? About 4 versions ago winning the league cup with league 1 Brentford. However the following season muy 1st UEFA cup tie crashed as I'm not sure that a league 1 team was ever expected to qualify.

1 and 2 I agree with totally.

3) This is cosmetic. As long as it's done by the same people who pretty up skins and the like, sure. If it takes developers off of core modules, not so cool with the idea.

4) Sure, why not? tapping up in general would be a likely future direction I'd hope.

5) Again it'd be a nice touch, but at the same time this would almost certainly require the game engine guys to spend time on "a nice touch" rather than making the game actually better.

6) No no no no no no.

A reason for each no?

no: SI can't afford to just not release a game one year.

no: FM11 runs just fine on my 18 month old netbook, which came free with mobile internet. If your PC needs upgrading to run FM11, you are in trouble. No amount of delaying release for a year will help there.

no: Not releasing FM12 would result in LESS testing, not more as some believe. At the moment a few million people test FM11, and that helps make FM12 better. There's no way to test in house nearly as effectively as real world testing by tons of players.

no: It would mean less shelf space / visibility this time next year. People want to play the latest game, not an 18 month old game with an update.

no: It just won't happen. Simple as that really.

no: If they did want to go this route, it'd be best to just have a feature-light year rather than outright skipping a season.

The possibility is that even with a 2 year cycle all bugs wouldn't be ironed. I've a feeling that even with SI's near enough 20 years of experience, it's impossible to be all things to all players. I think a tweak here puts something alse out of kilter in a different part of the game.

Are SI ever going to be able to replicate the game accurately enough to satisfy the many who voice their concerns on here?

The possibility is that even with a 2 year cycle all bugs wouldn't be ironed. I've a feeling that even with SI's near enough 20 years of experience, it's impossible to be all things to all players. I think a tweak here puts something alse out of kilter in a different part of the game.

Are SI ever going to be able to replicate the game accurately enough to satisfy the many who voice their concerns on here?

thats the thing, alot of the so called "bugs" are subjective and differ from person to person, one person may think its game breaking where as the next person doesnt even notice it, they will never ever be able to release a game that every single person finds perfect because everyone has their own opinion on how football should be and how football players should act. What they haev to do, and i thnk they do well, is find a happy medium between the game being realistic and actually being a game, it will NEVER follow real life exactly because you cannot predict what will happen tomorrow, next week, next month, next year and so on, things in football change dailly, not yearly like FM releases.

rOxOr apologies I did actually mean a feature light season. However I still feel that there are certain limitations to the code or programming,that if SI tweak something in one part of the game it throws something else out in another part. Maybe it's just that to create an accurate match that you would see on MOTD for example (anything from a tame end of season kick about to a blood and guts derby match) the technology is still not there.

millnerpoint I agree but instructions and tactics I feel should be adhered to by your team on a more consistent basis than is the case currently (obviously this can vary with the quality of player that you have at your disposal)

the thing is, do we know exactly how close real players follow their instructions given during a match in real life, players are not robots who get programmed before a game and follow those rules to the exact letter, they are given instructions to follow but at the same time people make decisions in the heat of the moment. Although it may be frustrating in the game to see things being done you do not like, it is part of football. Also i see complaints like " i have set players to never cross yet they still cross" well of course they will, if the right situation arises for a cross. (sorry if that seemed like a rant at you not ment that way at all!!)

Not at all, very valid points but there are still too many instances when players don't follow your instructions at all. My Sheffield Wednesday defenders in league one have been very poor in the first few games of the season despite having signed the experienced Ben Thatcher and Stweve Finnan to name but a few.

theres only 1 thing i want improving and thats the graphics for outside the stadium. i played corby away the other day and the beach was just outside, even though the town itself is probably 100 miles away from the nearest seaside resort!

dontask I'm sure they will improve I think it was a big step from just empty stands around the pitch to fans in team colours in only one or two more versions of the game. If progress continues at such a pace which I feel it must for an ever more demanding public, we should hopefully not be disappointed. Although I feel a real competitor (If the CM team could get their act together) would only be beneficial

in my opinion, there should be a greater relationship between manager and board room. so e.g. if i was managering someone like yeovil, and im listed as a "favoured personell" to the chairman, and then he sells, and buys someone like Brentford, then he would ask me to join him there.

also a bit more, "re-buying" in which i mean. if a chairman sells his club for a profit then he will look at buying another club

Archived