Fixture Congestion

I'm managing Peterborough in the Premiership. I am in April and in the Semi's of the Uefa cup and FA cup and currently lead the premiership.

The problem with going far in both cups means a big fixture pile up.

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/havantfan/?action=view&current=fixturecongestion.jpg

My 25 man squad has been reduced to 21 by injury with some players also suspended for various matches. I'm also 3 matches behind in the premiership.

Should I try and 'throw' one of the cups or just keep going in all 3 and see what happens?

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to post an image I will post the link as an image.

Play a full-strength squad in one of the cup finals. If you're leading handily or losing handily with 10-15 minutes left, set your shout to 'take a breather'. From then, assess who is fit enough to continue. Personally I would play lesser-strength squads in the league until the cups are done, especially if you haven't won anything yet and definitely if you are overachieving.

Congestion is the one thing I hate about managing in England.

Whilst there are alot more fixtures piled up together than normal it's nothing too bad. I would look at trying your hardest to compete on all fronts still but rotate where you can. Have you got any promising youngsters who you could call upon. This could be the perfect opportunity to give them some game time. Also rest players after games and don't have training for a day or something. It happens in real life as well. For example Burton Albion have eight games in hand over alot of teams as they didn't play a league game in December.

I'm managing Peterborough in the Premiership. I am in April and in the Semi's of the Uefa cup and FA cup and currently lead the premiership.

The problem with going far in both cups means a big fixture pile up.

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/havantfan/?action=view&current=fixturecongestion.jpg

My 25 man squad has been reduced to 21 by injury with some players also suspended for various matches. I'm also 3 matches behind in the premiership.

Should I try and 'throw' one of the cups or just keep going in all 3 and see what happens?

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to post an image I will post the link as an image.

Good luck with that :thup:

Ok thanks for the advice. I normally give the players a day or 2 off anyway so I might aswell just give a week off in the current state. I have a couple of youth players that I can call on but they unfortuenately have low stamina and/or natural fitness so might only be able to play 1 game.

Archived