How do you make an unhappy player happy again?

What it says really, had a player complain about my team talks, for which I use the ask assistant option, so I've sacked my assman and replaced him with someone better suited to the role to prevent this happening again in the future.

However, my young star is still grumpy. I had a private chat, told him I'd change things and he basically called me a liar. So how can I cheer him up and stop him hating me?

What it says really, had a player complain about my team talks, for which I use the ask assistant option, so I've sacked my assman and replaced him with someone better suited to the role to prevent this happening again in the future.

However, my young star is still grumpy. I had a private chat, told him I'd change things and he basically called me a liar. So how can I cheer him up and stop him hating me?

if he's playing well, maybe praise him on his recent performances/form? Im trying that now just waiting to see wot happens it could take a few months or so...

I have a situation where im man city, most of my key players, defenders was injured, last day of the season, just needed 1 more win to win league.....previous match to that kolo toure got injured so i took a risk & suggested he take pain killing injections to get him thru next match & basically he got upset. (I don't blame him) so far on my game a year & a half going he is still unhappy about it & the bloody media keeps bringing the situation between me & k.toure up lol

I had another conversation where I used the old 'you're being unprofessional' line on him, it's made him be quiet for now but I'm worried about being on his disliked list.

I hate conversations on this game, it just seems to be pot luck whether they throw a tantrum over your response.

This always works for me. That, and a bit of ass-kissing.

Who's running the team - you or the player? LOL

I had a player or two get unhappy in the demo a few months ago (not had any as of yet in the actual full game) and I think it depends all on the situation they become unhappy over. I'm willing to do all I can to make the player happy BUT I won't grovel to him. I'll praise him if he plays well, offer a new contract etc but for me there's only so much that I'll be willing to do to make him happy again. I think it depends on who the player is as well, though, as if it's an important player to the team and a player I like then I'll maybe be willing to do a bit more than what I would if it were a fringe player but again without grovelling. I'll do what I can but if he is still unhappy then I'll think screw him as no player is bigger than the club and if he's just throwing a moody then he'll need to be really put in his place by being threatened to be put into the reserves or warn him that you'll transfer list him if his attitude doesn't change etc.

The way I see it is that I'm the manager of the team but I'll do my best to make the player happy without being a groveller as you still need to show them who the boss is.

Who's running the team - you or the player? LOL

I had a player or two get unhappy in the demo a few months ago (not had any as of yet in the actual full game) and I think it depends all on the situation they become unhappy over. I'm willing to do all I can to make the player happy BUT I won't grovel to him. I'll praise him if he plays well, offer a new contract etc but for me there's only so much that I'll be willing to do to make him happy again. I think it depends on who the player is as well, though, as if it's an important player to the team and a player I like then I'll maybe be willing to do a bit more than what I would if it were a fringe player but again without grovelling. I'll do what I can but if he is still unhappy then I'll think screw him as no player is bigger than the club and if he's just throwing a moody then he'll need to be really put in his place by being threatened to be put into the reserves or warn him that you'll transfer list him if his attitude doesn't change etc.

The way I see it is that I'm the manager of the team but I'll do my best to make the player happy without being a groveller as you still need to show them who the boss is.

I know what you mean- but what I'm trying to say is that, when I play them and they do well, I praise them. To be honest, most of the players who other clubs have interest in play well for me anyway and were already praised. Also, after giving a new contract, they generally stop wanting out anyway.

I believe in keeping the best players around as long as they're good, as opposed to spending much in the transfer market unless it is needed.

Well, I finally have my satisfaction. Phil Neville, long story short he had been playing very ordinary so I had a chat and dropped him into the reserves. He said he would prove me wrong.

A short time later again I criticised his performance and he went off at me saying " I am sick of being bothered about this". So I pretty much took offence, I mean, hey, I am running this ship.

So I then fined him (poor performance) and stripped the captaincy and parked him in the reserves. That was on the 29/12 (game time).

A couple of conversations ensued, about being fined etc, but he was still being recalcitrant. So stuff it stay in the reserves.

He then went to the media about his captaincy, and then requested a transfer..... errr, tough, and no, and hey Phil quick question, "how is it going in the reserves ?" :D

Come forward to the 17/05, Phil wants a chat, apparently he has realised he isn't "figuring in my first team plans", he went on to say that he "thinks he is good enough."

I see this as being polite and somewhat apologetic, so why not, I will "give him a chance", Phil appreciates this ;)

ahh the serenity. . .

EDIT: pre match Press Conference fielded several questions about Phil, end result "he feels he has a good relationship with me"

ahh the serenity. . . errr, did that already :0

• 5 years later...
if he's playing well, maybe praise him on his recent performances/form? Im trying that now just waiting to see wot happens it could take a few months or so...

I have a situation where im man city, most of my key players, defenders was injured, last day of the season, just needed 1 more win to win league.....previous match to that kolo toure got injured so i took a risk & suggested he take pain killing injections to get him thru next match & basically he got upset. (I don't blame him) so far on my game a year & a half going he is still unhappy about it & the bloody media keeps bringing the situation between me & k.toure up lol

I would do that but when they are unhappy it means that they don't want to talk with you. Its really annoying because all I did was substitute my player in the 4th minute and it was because he was injured, but the commentary said he was furious which was kinda strange, and then later on he wanted to speak to me and even when I said I won't do it again (which isn't exactly true because I would still do it again in the future if he was injured) this didn't satisfy him (in fact he said 'im not prepared to go over this subject again', which was strange because this was the first time we had talked about this).

Following this chat, he decided to go all childish and unprofessional on me and now he's complaining to the squad. Luckily only one player seemed to be supporting him, and he seems to be the only one affected by this as well. So I've decided to move him to the under 21s for a bit to see if his attitude changes, but nothing has happened after about a month, so I can only wait and hope that he stops being so childish (:herman:) as he's quite important in my side.

Archived