Major flaws of FM 2011.

I have started to play 2011 since this game is out.

Until now, I am going to list the major flaws i have seen in this game.

1. The well-known "Current" tactic bug.

2. Impossible to sell some not famous players or old players.

3. The always happening two footed tackles.

4. A powerless Goalkeeper kicked the ball from a goal kick, then a header from opponents, and it is 1on1, why?

5. Striker misses CCC very very very often, I know there is no striker can put 7 CCC all into a goal in a match, but it is hard to put all CCC into row Z right?

6. Always happen a defender mistimed jumping and the ball got loose to opponents striker and scored, it will happen, but not that much huh?

7. I dont know if this is just happening to me, i changed my match preparation too other tactic then turn back to my original one, i do it in one day, and my tempo used to be fluid, after i just change, it became accomplished... LOL

8. There is one more big flaw in the game.

This game only relies on through ball pass to score, the Target Man setting is useless, you cant play a game like Stoke City, Newcastle plays in the real world.

And i also missed out that player cant cross? or they dont even want to cross when they are on the byline, was it really so hard to cross?

Ok, i am not just complaining, I love this game, but I just want the game to be improved.

I would like to suggest there should be a setting for each line's width, because there we can only set the whole team's width, but not on every line.

I agree with everything stated above. I also want to ask,I just went into my 3rd season and my fixture list is absolutely the same as previous season,why is that?

I played 6 season with Newcastle, i played against Sunderland 5 times for the first match of season

The current match engine basically says that either defending isn't seen as an important part of football, or they're holding their hands up and saying "we can't fix this".

You could write an thesis on the problems with match engine defending. It is just an utter debacle.

I agree with most of these, the "current" bug and the goal kick bug are probably the most annoying. I find CCC's are always wide, not row z. So many easy chances put way wide.

The biggest problem for someone like me though who likes a career game is the manager reputation never increasing despite how well you do - and what I'd like to know is when this is addressed in Patch 11.3 (I'm faithfully assuming it will be.....) is this going to be save-game compatible? I really, really, really hope so!!!!

I agree with all of these, in particular 2 and 3. Think to improve number 3 you should get players that get into fights or headbutt an opponent that seemed to happen alot in fm 2010 but not in the 2011 edition. After all in actual football the ways people get sent off are last man challenges, bad tackles or getting in a fight because an opposition player wants to make the most of a slightly rash challenge.

I also think that refs book players for complaining about offside decsions etc. However, they only give them a warning if they already on a yellow card

Also the CCC happens too often which indicates the defence in ME has some weakness. Its too loose, even if you tweak your tactics. Then some successful tactics comes up created by some clever gurus that sets all players' mentality to very defensive. The tactics might be successful in the game and brings you champions, but it not like real life football, huh? AI doesn't use those tactics, so you just make yourself happy playing around with these tactics who take advantage of ME flaws. And imo the defense problem in ME is not so hard to fix and it is going to be fixed according to SI, so rest assured. We always have hopes. Just be positive, guys.

The current match engine basically says that either defending isn't seen as an important part of football, or they're holding their hands up and saying "we can't fix this".

You could write an thesis on the problems with match engine defending. It is just an utter debacle.

This is so true. If you're not attacking, you ain't winning.

Also the CCC happens too often which indicates the defence in ME has some weakness. Its too loose, even if you tweak your tactics. Then some successful tactics comes up created by some clever gurus that sets all players' mentality to very defensive. The tactics might be successful in the game and brings you champions, but it not like real life football, huh? AI doesn't use those tactics, so you just make yourself happy playing around with these tactics who take advantage of ME flaws. And imo the defense problem in ME is not so hard to fix and it is going to be fixed according to SI, so rest assured. We always have hopes. Just be positive, guys.

I agree with this point, i saw a tactics whole team playing with a defensive mentality, but is winning, i dont know how it works.

Just give an example, I tell a defender to run from deep often, but i ticked his mentality as most defensive, whats that mean? lol

Maybe i shud go to ask those gurus, but I think they cant answer me though lol

i remembered there is one more big flaw in the game.

This game only relies on through ball pass to score, the Target Man setting is useless, you cant play a game like Stoke City, Newcastle plays in the real world.

And i also missed out that player cant cross? or they dont even want to cross when they are on the byline, was it really so hard to cross?

Robin, have you reported these points in the Bugs Forum? You're saying you want the game improved & with your input you can assist SI in improving it. Many of those already have been reported & I'm sure many of them will be fixed for 11.3

The "current" tactics bug makes my brain ache. As does my set-pieces constantly deselecting themselves so before every game I have to go through each set of instructions and tick them to make them come back up again. As someone with a very clear style of play I want, the fact that I can't even get a free transfer offer for really good players that don't fit in is also a major irritation, as the release fees usually dump me way into the red and require unrealistic away friendlies at loadsamoney city every preseason to get back where I should be.

Agreed on all points, OP. The FM series is going downhill if you ask me. SI has no competition, they know that the game will sell whatever they'll do and let's be honest, this game is evolving at terrible pace. When FM2k11 was announced I was VERY excited, it seemed like the best version ever. Now, I think it's the worst. Hopefuly the relatively small sales numbers this year will serve as a wake up call for SI. I'm not expecting miracles in 2012 but FM2k13 will be imho the last call for SI to step up and fix their franchise. And I truly hope that there will be some new football managment game released in the next 2 years. No competition = no progress, simple as that.

Of course I have played the game and of course I don't know what it is. Will someone just actually say what it is ffs?

Here you are...

1AneZl.jpg

That's the "Current" tactics bug (no, I haven't called any of my tactics "Current" and no, I haven't created a dozen of these). Very annoying indeed.

Plus some tactical settings keep reseting themselves randomly.

Now you know.

Agreed on all points, OP. The FM series is going downhill if you ask me. SI has no competition, they know that the game will sell whatever they'll do and let's be honest, this game is evolving at terrible pace. When FM2k11 was announced I was VERY excited, it seemed like the best version ever. Now, I think it's the worst. Hopefuly the relatively small sales numbers this year will serve as a wake up call for SI. I'm not expecting miracles in 2012 but FM2k13 will be imho the last call for SI to step up and fix their franchise. And I truly hope that there will be some new football managment game released in the next 2 years. No competition = no progress, simple as that.

agree, look at Konami.

PES used to dominate the market, FIFA has improved lots since Eggs Box 3.60 and Ps3 is out, Konami has to make a lot of improvements to keep their game competitive.

Here you are...

1AneZl.jpg

That's the "Current" tactics bug (no, I haven't called any of my tactics "Current" and no, I haven't created a dozen of these). Very annoying indeed.

Plus some tactical settings keep reseting themselves randomly.

Now you know.

Ah right I see. Thought it would be a lot worse than that ffs. Can't say I have come across this in any of my games either.

Another major flaws in ME are those with jumping under the ball and the issue with strikers going wide no matter what instructions they have.I spent alot of time playing FM2011 and i came to conclusion that some aspects of this game such as OI,Match preparation,Team talks are a big mistery(just an example with OI is if i set "never" for closing down this doesnt stop my players to stop closing that guy).Some aspects with closing down are enigma in setting also because if i set my centre backs to close at third notch for example and set marking as zonal or man(doesnt matter) this doesnt stop them to close down higher than that setting or to be pulled by going widely whenever fulbacks are skinned by opposite wingers.

but that is what defenders do, a defender will close down an opponent, it makes no sense to just stick to your position and let the attacker run at you or your goal, if your full back gets skinned it is the centre backs job to come across and close them down, given them free rein to just run at your team is very much asking for trouble.

Set pieces deselecting, that does annoy me. As does defenders running then jumping under the ball, presenting the opposition with a chance usually. Target men that cant head, either to a team mate or at the goal, also really bug me.

But I could live with all them. The one that I really hope gets fixed is the defending. The tracking of runners and closing down just seems broken entirely. Defenders run out of the backline, blissfully ignoring the man I told them to mark, fullbacks just stand and admire as wingers dart in behind.

but that is what defenders do, a defender will close down an opponent, it makes no sense to just stick to your position and let the attacker run at you or your goal, if your full back gets skinned it is the centre backs job to come across and close them down, given them free rein to just run at your team is very much asking for trouble.

Of course its defenders job to backup fullbacks but if the manager has other opinion they should listen him and this is the reason of those settings i supposed :)(a better example when it comes about closing down here is trequartista who is broken also btw).Its just stupid that loads of goals came almost identical and u cannot do anything about this because central defender go on flanks and this will make another chain reaction setting second defender at near post and u will have some midget fullback in the centre of the park and crossing will come ussualy at far post .Also this issue is the outcome of another issue where u cannot make fullbacks to stay back when in defend duty.

The reputation system is one of my biggest frustrations. It's a left over relic from the early years of the game that has never been properly updated or rebuilt. Descibing it as abmysmal would be being kind.

Agree with you its very weird sometimes to see Masilela chosing for a transfer Lokomotiv Moscow and not Blackpool for a much higher salary:).

That's fair opinion but it also makes me wonder a little then what's the use of closing down instruction? If players leave their position to close down opponent when they think need to and players with low stamina will not want to always close down opponent, what's point of the existance of closing down instruction?

Of course its defenders job to backup fullbacks but if the manager has other opinion they should listen him and this is the reason of those settings i supposed :)(a better example when it comes about closing down here is trequartista who is broken also btw).Its just stupid that loads of goals came almost identical and u cannot do anything about this because central defender go on flanks and this will make another chain reaction setting second defender at near post and u will have some midget fullback in the centre of the park and crossing will come ussualy at far post .Also this issue is the outcome of another issue where u cannot make fullbacks to stay back when in defend duty.

Agree with the reason of closing down setting thing. But now the problem is with the general formation when defending. Irl the whole D-line move together to left or right when opponent is exploiting from wings, always we can see the, if attacking team is exploiting from their left wing, then the defending team's left fullback will move to DC's position because his two DC teammate may quite possibly move aside to help defend and keep D-line not too loose and so, yes, if a cross is made from the left wing, the left fullback has to compete for the high ball. No choice.

I have started to play 2011 since this game is out.

Until now, I am going to list the major flaws i have seen in this game.

1. The well-known "Current" tactic bug.

2. Impossible to sell some not famous players or old players.

3. The always happening two footed tackles.

4. A powerless Goalkeeper kicked the ball from a goal kick, then a header from opponents, and it is 1on1, why?

5. Striker misses CCC very very very often, I know there is no striker can put 7 CCC all into a goal in a match, but it is hard to put all CCC into row Z right?

6. Always happen a defender mistimed jumping and the ball got loose to opponents striker and scored, it will happen, but not that much huh?

7. I dont know if this is just happening to me, i changed my match preparation too other tactic then turn back to my original one, i do it in one day, and my tempo used to be fluid, after i just change, it became accomplished... LOL

8. There is one more big flaw in the game.

Ok, i am not just complaining, I love this game, but I just want the game to be improved.

I would like to suggest there should be a setting for each line's width, because there we can only set the whole team's width, but not on every line.

1. the current bug is annoying ut not that bad tbh.

2. the transfer system could still use some work as its been pretty poor in fm11.

3. In my current save after about 6 season i've only had my team committ one two footed tackle that i can remember.

4. Do you mean like a player flicks it through the defence for a 1-on1? Haven't seen too much of that but it happens irl.

5. Si have acknowledged theres a bug with too many CCC being created but the number of shots on target compared to overall shots is accurate.

6. I have seen this one happen a bit but i am playing at a low level.

7. Haven't seen this but i haven't fiddled with match preparation much so i don't know if theres a bug there or not.

8. This last one is nonsense, i think fast strikers are too overpowered but i've got a target man atm who's scoring regularly. Its just about getting the tactics right.

All in all i was a bit dissapointed with fm 11 as i thought it would be amazing but after the patches it has become an incredible game, hopefully there are more improvements on the way with patch 11.3.

Archived