Have you ever said you wont ever play players from a club in your national team?

Have you ever refused to play players from a certain club?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever refused to play players from a certain club?

• No iam levelheaded and i have no emotion
    • Sometimes if the mood takes me
    • Yes all the time

Hi i was just wondering as iam manager of England, and Man City withdrew Hart and Milner from a friendly i was wondering whether it would super childish of me to never let any man city player play for any england side youth , u21 etc etc ;)

Is it possible to announce that you will not pick ANY player from a particular club? Becuase that would be an awesome addition to the game imo and add a huge amount of depth to media interactions with other managers. If it could be implemented well you could have a situation where players that that club want to sign would have to decide whether they are prepared to lose their international careers by joining them...

imagine the behind the scenes chats to try and sort that situation out! In any regard, there should be a lot more fuss and repercussions if a manager pulls out there players- wouldnt Fifa get involved irl?

anything that can break up the monotony in the game and bring some of the unpredictability only real life can bring is good imo.

Back in FM 2008 I had a player refuse to play for me as the England Coach because I selected him as an injury replacement rather than in the original squad...

The strangest part was that he was only 21 and played his club football for me!! That guy was a goit!

In FM 2010 as England manager the Chelsea manager kept withdrawing his players so I got him back in the League. I set my players to high agressive, pressure and hard tackling for my 6 matches that season against them (2 in the PL, 2 in the FA cup (the match and the replay) and one in the League Cup. My match against them in the second leg of the FA cup payed off with 3 coming off injured. I went on to just say bugger it to not wearing out the Chelsea players in the EURO as well making them all play every minute... With Chelsea's star rightback Garrard being out for 4 months after the Final... It was annoying though losing a star player in the 4th minute of a final though!

Bloody Rafa!

Back in FM 2008 I had a player refuse to play for me as the England Coach because I selected him as an injury replacement rather than in the original squad...

I had this. Darren Bent flat out refused to ever play for me again whilst I was England manager. Wayne Rooney got injured just before the world cup, so I tried to call Bent up as his replacement but he wasn't having any of it. Drove me mad cause he was the only half decent English striker that was fit or not in the squad already!

I had this. Darren Bent flat out refused to ever play for me again whilst I was England manager. Wayne Rooney got injured just before the world cup, so I tried to call Bent up as his replacement but he wasn't having any of it. Drove me mad cause he was the only half decent English striker that was fit or not in the squad already!

Realy? Bent as been pretty good for me atm

should SI not incoroperate the rule where fit players have to show up for international football unless they personally decide they dont want to play? After all the talk this week of the FA suspending players for failing to report i think it should be in the game, a club manager should not have the ability to pull a fit player out of an international squad.

Archived