Saviet - Seems to prefer £50pw instead of £50,000!

Bon Soir!

I did a quick search for an answer... couldn't find one... please don't attack me if Ive missed something glaringly obvious!

I'm three games in to Season 2 with West Ham - had a remarkably good run with them, getting them to second place and winning the FA Cup. The latter was total fluke, didn't have to play a single 'big' cub, but that's beyond the point.

So now I'm a club that can guarantee Champions League football, I would think it might be a tad easier to attract a few more players. I've had an offer accepted for Saviet a number of times. Sometimes he asks for £975pw, sometimes for £50,000 per week. Just as an experiment, I've offered him £90,000pw also. All of these fail to get him to join - he seems to constantly sign a new contract with his existing club, Girondins Bordeaux, for £50pw.

I can't work it out... any ideas?

Bon Soir!

I did a quick search for an answer... couldn't find one... please don't attack me if Ive missed something glaringly obvious!

I'm three games in to Season 2 with West Ham - had a remarkably good run with them, getting them to second place and winning the FA Cup. The latter was total fluke, didn't have to play a single 'big' cub, but that's beyond the point.

So now I'm a club that can guarantee Champions League football, I would think it might be a tad easier to attract a few more players. I've had an offer accepted for Saviet a number of times. Sometimes he asks for £975pw, sometimes for £50,000 per week. Just as an experiment, I've offered him £90,000pw also. All of these fail to get him to join - he seems to constantly sign a new contract with his existing club, Girondins Bordeaux, for £50pw.

I can't work it out... any ideas?

It's a flaw in the game that allows you to negotiate with players who have already committed to signing a professional contract when they reach the required age (I think it's 18 in France based on Saivet's behaviour).

In his future contract line in his profile it will state that. As soon as he signs that contract on the stated date you'll be able to nab him.

Suspect it's to do with club rep. Not sure if SI have acknowledged it, but no matter how successful your club your reputation never increases.

With Saivet, if you are trying for him before he turns 17, try waiting until his birthday. He'll sign for really big clubs at 16, but in my experience (with Leeds, Man City and Newcastle) he won't come until he a pro. Downside is he costs a lot more. If he's already 17, wait until July / August time. Might help.

Sorry, that's a lot of mights. Hard to be definite - I've never played as West Ham.

Regardless of Birthdays and Pro contracts and all that jazz, the simple fact is he is not alone when it comes to payers refusing to join a lower rep club for silly money.

I won promotion to the Championship with 'Boro and tried to sign a number of DM's from several clubs' reserves.

Said players refused to make "The step down" to my club despite:

Having been rotting in the reserves of their respective clubs for 2yrs+

Getting paid a pittance (£5Kp/w)

Being offered a fortune (£50k+p/w)

Guaranteed 1st team Premiership football (Key Player status)

And other perks.

This side of FM (The transfer system) is ludicrously broken to the point where it is silly.

It really is stupid to think that ANY player aged 30yrs+, who is rotting in the reserves of ANY team would turn down a chance to TEN-TIMES their money and be a key player in a Premiership team.

It's been spoken of many times before on countless threads here, and I better stop now before I "Go off on one"....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Not sure if SI have acknowledged it, but no matter how successful your club your reputation never increases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely that cannot be right as the more league titles you win the better players you can sign or is it jsut because you are in the champions league rather than your rep increasing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Starr_Man5:-

Regardless of Birthdays and Pro contracts and all that jazz, the simple fact is he is not alone when it comes to payers refusing to join a lower rep club for silly money.

I won promotion to the Championship with 'Boro and tried to sign a number of DM's from several clubs' reserves.

Said players refused to make "The step down" to my club despite:

Having been rotting in the reserves of their respective clubs for 2yrs+

Getting paid a pittance (£5Kp/w)

Being offered a fortune (£50k+p/w)

Guaranteed 1st team Premiership football (Key Player status)

And other perks.

This side of FM (The transfer system) is ludicrously broken to the point where it is silly.

It really is stupid to think that ANY player aged 30yrs+, who is rotting in the reserves of ANY team would turn down a chance to TEN-TIMES their money and be a key player in a Premiership team.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reputation, reputation, reputation. It's all about reputation. I think the focus is on relative reputation (player vs club, current club vs potential club) as this makes for simpler, more efficient processing. In the real world a player in that scenario would jump at the chance and might even go for a relegation release clause for insurance or sign a one year deal with an extension option if the newly promoted club avoids relegation.

It's also the root cause for players signing for a club about to be relegated rather than a club about to be promoted, or for players joining a club on loan in a league lower than another club who had bid for their services. It's also a reason players who are free agents will reject one year contracts with lower reputation clubs in decent leagues and end up retiring when they could have spent a season in the shop window.

Squad status also plays a role in their decision but it's weighting affects their join/don't join decision in a deterministic manner rather than a general way. So if switching to key status makes the player enter negotiations it's just luck that the particular player's influencing variables have allowed this change in status to push the join/don't join decision into the sweet spot. That's my take on it anyway based on experience.

Personally I'd like to see a reference made to the league a player could potentially be playing in rather than club reputation. Difficult to code predictability into that if a bid is made at any other time than the July window but I still think it might make for more realistic decisions than club reputation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It's been spoken of many times before on countless threads here, and I better stop now before I "Go off on one".... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we keep on shouting maybe someone will hear us icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I won promotion TO the Championship </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course, I meant FROM the Championship TO the Premiership.

But I'm sure you understood the typo.

I love how players around 30 years old sometimes refuse to sign one year contracts, even when the total income of the offered one year contact ends up being 3 or 4 times that of the subsequent two year contract that they accept. Plain stupid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Not sure if SI have acknowledged it, but no matter how successful your club your reputation never increases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is this true?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

It's a flaw in the game that allows you to negotiate with players who have already committed to signing a professional contract when they reach the required age (I think it's 18 in France based on Saivet's behaviour).

In his future contract line in his profile it will state that. As soon as he signs that contract on the stated date you'll be able to nab him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is the most likely cause. its a small problem but doesn't affect you that much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coxy100:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Not sure if SI have acknowledged it, but no matter how successful your club your reputation never increases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is this true? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

In his future contract line in his profile it will state that. As soon as he signs that contract on the stated date you'll be able to nab him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game correctly allows you to negotiate with players. What is wrong with the game is its inability to sell a player that has signed a precontract. There is nothing in real world that would prevent this sale to occur.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The game correctly allows you to negotiate with players. What is wrong with the game is its inability to sell a player that has signed a precontract. There is nothing in real world that would prevent this sale to occur. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected icon14.gif. In that case then the reluctance of these types of players with 'will sign a professional contract on xx.xx.xxxx' to sign for other clubs does seem a bit too iron clad.

In playing 15+ FM years I have never had one of these players accept a contract even when offered ridiculous wages as with the Saivet example in the OP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The game correctly allows you to negotiate with players. What is wrong with the game is its inability to sell a player that has signed a precontract. There is nothing in real world that would prevent this sale to occur. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I stand corrected icon14.gif. In that case then the reluctance of these types of players with 'will sign a professional contract on xx.xx.xxxx' to sign for other clubs does seem a bit too iron clad.

In playing 15+ FM years I have never had one of these players accept a contract even when offered ridiculous wages as with the Saivet example in the OP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The deals go through as long as you go through the normal bidding procedure and not "approach to sign".

Many a times some youngster has signed a pre-contract, but instead of approaching to sign (As it lets you choose that option for some reason) you have to actually place a bid, get it accepted and then offer a contract.

When I do that the deal seems to always go through... at least for me anyways.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> originally posted by xx11:-

The deals go through as long as you go through the normal bidding procedure and not "approach to sign".

Many a times some youngster has signed a pre-contract, but instead of approaching to sign (As it lets you choose that option for some reason) you have to actually place a bid, get it accepted and then offer a contract.

When I do that the deal seems to always go through... at least for me anyways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not know that icon14.gif.

With this being the case it still points to an issue. Either the player is interested or he isn't. If he is willing to negotiate then why should a transfer fee via a bid rather than compensation impact on his decision.

Aye it is still an issue, should simply not give you the option to "Approach to sign" a player once they agreed a future deal.

My guess is that it just representing poorly the fact that in order to sign for you they will have to breach their pre-contract, and you are merely negotiating what you are componsating them for the player doing so.

Really should be something done by an arbitration panel, as I believe happened when that..... Obi Mikel done it to Man United recently and breached contract to go to Chelsea. Not sure how they came to the decision, but I believe about 12million was paid by chelsea in compansation to United. Think we get of cheap often by it being the way it is icon_smile.gif

i've tried several times to get saivet with no success. Even as chelsea my bid was accepted, and i offered him key player status at 140,000 a week with full bonuses etc, and he still rejected my offer for a 200 a week contract in france. he was 18 also so he was a pro.

i signed him for man u in jan 2009 did the biz champs league and fa cup(he missed a one on one in last game a title decider against chelsea in the prem) so i leave manure and take the offered role as newcastle manager try to sign him in august transfer window manure say notry again in jan cos hes been reserving it(?) have a £9m bid accepted and he says no to a 5 fold pay rise and first team football! little c**t lol

Archived