Takeovers - How do they work?

If on a club's information screen, the chairman status says 'will listen to offers', the club is more likely to get approached by a potential investor, but is it possible for clubs to get taken over when the status is set to 'loves the club'. The reason I ask this is because I am playing as Watford, 8th season in, been in the premiership for 6 seasons now, and in that time the value of the club has risen from £8m to over £55m. I have done very well, got into Europe twice, made the club a LOT of money and massively increased the reputation, and in all of this time, there has never been a single rumour about a potential takeover. If this were to happen in real life, businessmen would surely jump at the chance to invest in a club with a growing reputation.

My only direct experience of managing a club that has been ripe for takeover has been managing Liverpool in the last couple of versions. On each occasion, offers have only come in when chairman status has been set to 'will listen to offers'.

Archived