I signed and loaned a guy in the same transfer window!!!!!!!

I signed Brendtner in a free transfer from Milan and then by the end of the same transfer window I loaned him to arsenal for a 2M fee and a potential transfer fee of 12M, Arsenal also pays all the wages... Was gladly surprised as never in any version of FM I had been able to sign and loan in the same transfer window unless loaning to a feeder club. On the negative side of things a weird bue happend in the same window where I signed a regen for 2M for newelss and his contract ran out inmediately after signed (I got the option to call a press conference about him after he had decided to leave the club) but one thing makes up for the other.

I signed Brendtner in a free transfer from Milan and then by the end of the same transfer window I loaned him to arsenal for a 2M fee and a potential transfer fee of 12M, Arsenal also pays all the wages... Was gladly surprised as never in any version of FM I had been able to sign and loan in the same transfer window unless loaning to a feeder club.

There is nothing strange with this. I've done it tons of times and not only in FM2011.

On the negative side of things a weird bue happend in the same window where I signed a regen for 2M for newelss and his contract ran out inmediately after signed (I got the option to call a press conference about him after he had decided to leave the club) but one thing makes up for the other.

Not sure what you mean. Maybe you have signed him before the transfer window and the end of the year and you set a short contract duration by mistake...

I remember something similar happening to me. When signing a Brazilian who was 15, I could only offer him a 3 year contract (Was in 2012, so until 2015) however, by the time he could move at Age 18, it was 2015 and he joined and left on the same day. Unfortunate small bug iirc.

I remember something similar happening to me. When signing a Brazilian who was 15, I could only offer him a 3 year contract (Was in 2012, so until 2015) however, by the time he could move at Age 18, it was 2015 and he joined and left on the same day. Unfortunate small bug iirc.

Not really a bug. It's a careless mistake most people make though. Just make sure you offer youg south americans the longest 5-yr contract, so that by the time they're 18 and join your club, they'll still have 1-2 yrs remaining on the contract...

Not really a bug. It's a careless mistake most people make though. Just make sure you offer youg south americans the longest 5-yr contract, so that by the time they're 18 and join your club, they'll still have 1-2 yrs remaining on the contract...

i would have said it is a small bug because the players contract should start when he joins your club, not when you agree the transfer.

I have signed and loan players out in every transfer window on my save. I snap up some youngsters with potential on a free and send them out to gain experience. What is strange about this?

However, I have had a player sign and leave within the space of a few days because his contract expired. Very annoying.

Archived