Backroom staff after new patch

I've always felt that the game should show you what compensation you have to pay clubs for backroom staff, before you offer a contract (much like you can see players transfer values).

When hunting for staff, I do look at contracted coaches as some are affordable and worth the compensation, but because of having to offer contracts, you make a lot of enemies by doing so because of offering a contract and immediately pulling out.

I've always felt that the game should show you what compensation you have to pay clubs for backroom staff, before you offer a contract (much like you can see players transfer values).

When hunting for staff, I do look at contracted coaches as some are affordable and worth the compensation, but because of having to offer contracts, you make a lot of enemies by doing so because of offering a contract and immediately pulling out.

it does, on the contract negotiation screen right above the offer contract button, this has been there for the last few versions now.

is that any different to FM10? anyway even if you cant afford it to avoid annoying them just offer the contract and reject when it comes to confirming the deal, this wont affect your relationship with the staff member, same goes for players i have found you can actually create a good relation with an agent by doing this as you have had succesful negotiations with the agent and the cancelling the deal last minute doesnt seem to affect anything.

When the new patch comes out, when I start a new game I'll tick the no transfers for 1st season button, but does that stop you changing and signing your backroom staff?

Thanks

I did try this by coincidence only a few weeks back. I was only able to recruit staff who were unattched as they were free. Compensation for staff already employed by another club comes out your transfer budget.

Archived