Choosing starters

Which is the most important factor in choosing your starters  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most important factor in choosing your starters

• attributes
    • form over last 5 games
    • coach star rating
    • morale

There is no one answer you can pick here because it depends how big the differences are.

Tier 1. Attributes/Coach report as they're the same thing. Say I have 4 strikers, one is rubbish, barely functional is desperation in the lower division but he was never the best and I've bought more hes only going to play if he really has to.

Tier 2. Fitness they got to be fit to start but again dependent on how good they are, a 90% top player is still better than a 100% rubbish one but it does increase the chance there will be substitutions.

Tier 3 Form/Morale pretty much the same thing. If I have fit players of similar level it becomes very important and can determine a bit of rotation if I have the luxury of extra players. It would be nice if you could use this to pick your team all the time but my clubs usually have severe deficiencies in player quality at some positions and lack of depth due to having no money like a big team does.

To those who voted form/morale I ask the question;

You have Fernando Torres and Tarmo Kink (Middlesbrough), Kink is in a buoyant mood after scoring last week and Torres is a bit upset and hasn't score for a couple of games. Who do you put on the pitch?

You have Fernando Torres and Tarmo Kink (Middlesbrough), Kink is in a buoyant mood after scoring last week and Torres is a bit upset and hasn't score for a couple of games. Who do you put on the pitch?

Form is most important but not the only factor to consider.. If it was between Torres and say a striker just a bit below him in ability.. I would go with the in-form player. If it was between Torres and a striker of marginal ability then I would go with Torres and try to deal with his moral issue with private and pre-match talks.

And form and morale are not the same thing. Form is the real deal.. how the player is actually performing on the pitch. As for morale, I have had players that were happy as clams......and they played like one. :)

Honestly I generally pcik on fitness but form is a preety close second. Saying that i tend to rotate my sqauds religiously and will very rarely go two games in a row with the same team, I normall make 2 or 3 changes for every game, it keeps players fresh and tkeeps morale of fringe players high aswell.

Archived