Do you carry around ur Assistant to ur clubs?

This has started ti increase in the wrold of football. Managers bring in assistant manager whom they have worked with for a long time, like capello bought his men. So did avram grant i think, etc.

Do any of you do this?

If so, how can u make ur assistant move to ur new club? Simply signing him?

Not me. I constantly change my backroom staff, even if its just for 1 extra attribute point. I had one long term game where I signed a young coach in his early thirties, promoted him to Ass Man, and he eventually retired... but I'm 100% certain thats the longest I've ever had a single staf member.

I tend to career game, so no not really. Although my last game had the strange occurance of Barcelona pinching my assman from Vit Setubal, then a couple of years later I got offered the Barca job. So I ended up following him :)

VB

Arent you allowed to fire you coaches for nothing in your first day, at a job youve applied for, and been appointed into?

Aye you are through Mutual Termination of the contract, they still take some money but a hell of a lot less than if you fired them

Guest SCIAG2

I have one or two coaches I come back to often. The retired Paulo Maldini always gets a job with me, as do Ecwin Boekamp, Cornleius Jol and a Brazillian who's name escapes me.

I try to keep especially my assistent close to me during the game. It comes in handy when I sit out my FA suspension in my skybox :-)

I noticed that attacking assistents almost always win when I don't get manage a match. And that to me is worth the 120.000 when I sign him from my old club.

I started out with Fransisco Ramirez, from Mexico, who retired with me as a coach, after serving me for a total of 8 years (not contiguous though). And now I'm with Bernd Hollerbach, who is retiring next season, and has been working with me for almost 12 years (4 as a scout and 8 as assistent).

I like to think that they come to know me and my style of playing, and try to coach and train players that way. But that is just a romantic thought.....:-)

Archived