MLS Expansion teams

Hi, british fan who has an interest in the MLS here. I'm wondering what the deal is with the MLS expansion. Obviously Portland and Vancouver don't start in the MLS on the game but they have been confirmed for the 2011 season. Will this be added with the new patch or will it simply wait till FM 2012? I'm wondering because you guys managed to sort the German Third Division's formation a season into the game so I'm curious as to why the MLS expansion hasn't been coded into the game.

If the answer for the Timbers and Whitecaps is yes, Will Montreal be added in 2012?

I remember when the Sounders were the new expansion team they added a team for the 3rd patch called Seattle Sounders that included some of their better players. However they were not playable in the MLS. So presumably Vancouver and Portland will be created but won't be playable. You'll have to wait until FM 2012 for the two new clubs and FM 2013 for Montreal.

It's going to **** me off in 11.3 when Jay DeMerit is contracted to the (essentially) nonexistent Vancouver Whitecaps, as Freddie Ljungberg was in FM09 to the nonexistent Seattle Sounders.

If the team isn't playing in the proper league, the players should be left as free agents.

Archived