Does success improve players ability?

Hi All, I've had a look around the forums but can't see anything that relates to my question, so I thought i'd post it.....

Basically, does winning trophies improve your players ability in any way, and will being consistently successful give your players an attribute boost?

The reason I'm asking is because I hear all the time from pundits and commentators about players who have a 'winning mentality' These players may not be blessed with outstanding technical ability, but have won many honours, Off the top of my head I'm thinking players like Darren Fletcher, Nicky Butt, Martin Keown (no offence meant to these guys!!). What they lack in technical areas, they more than make up for in workrate, and these players I believe have also became better players the more trophies they have won. Taking Fletcher as an example, if he was playing in a Bolton or Birmingham side he would be a good player, but in my opinion he is a much better player, as winning trophies breeds a winning mentality. If he hadn't have tasted the success he had at United, would he have pushed himself to the levels he is at now?

On the flipside of this, you constantly hear that Arsenals current team only have two or three trophy winners in it. Because of this does their potential never get reached, as they never know what they are missing out on, and thus are not striving to consistently reach higher levels?

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

If you play a young player in a sucessfull team and they remain sucessful, that player will probably improve faster.

There are other factors though, like determination and ambition. His training schedule also plays a role.

I believe I once read a thread on hear that said a young player who attains a decent rating in a match, gains CA points. Therefore, if that is coreect, a player that gets a low rating probably wont gain any CA points.

I think it's comon sence really. Player plays well, team wins, player improves.

I don't think it actually comes down to winning trophies or not but for a player to develop he needs to have good performances constantly.

That's why it's no good to throw youngsters at the first team if they aren't ready for it.. they are likely to play poorly and don't get much from it.. at least from my experience.

So if a young player gets an average rating of 7.5 over a season, and his team finishes first in the league he will gain more CA points than if he had the same average rating but finished second? I'm trying to build a young team that can hopefully stay together and develop over a 7-10 year period, but if I don't start winning trophies then does that mean they are less likely to reach their PA? I know other factors like training, tutoring and match-time will help, but I was wondering how much would success add to a players attributes?

alright i think i understand what you are asking and can understand your concern.

Winning cups / games of any kind any level will not improve a players CA (if im wrong somebody better informed please correct me)

What it does do is improve a players morale when u win (other factors to consider too like unhappy cause of manager interaction etc)

The idea is in general the more you win and the happier your players are the more they are likely to play better and i'd assume train better too.

I know there is determination, work rate etc to consider too but an unhappy player is less likely to be in the mood to train or play football for you and therefore play worse.

Sorry for the long winded answer ppl but if i summarise winning games etc will not improve CA but it will improve morale which is one of the variables towards improving CA

alright i think i understand what you are asking and can understand your concern.

Winning cups / games of any kind any level will not improve a players CA (if im wrong somebody better informed please correct me)

What it does do is improve a players morale when u win (other factors to consider too like unhappy cause of manager interaction etc)

The idea is in general the more you win and the happier your players are the more they are likely to play better and i'd assume train better too.

I know there is determination, work rate etc to consider too but an unhappy player is less likely to be in the mood to train or play football for you and therefore play worse.

Sorry for the long winded answer ppl but if i summarise winning games etc will not improve CA but it will improve morale which is one of the variables towards improving CA

Good stuff, thanks gerddi, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Archived