Amateur Clubs

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the criteria is for turning amateur clubs semi pro (and eventually pro)? is it possible?

Does anyone have any experience doing this and if so, how did it come about?

I have just taken over a team called Herlev in the danish second division and really enjoying it but was just wondering what the future may hold ( apart from my inevitable sacking lol !!)

when you get in a high enough league and the finances are in reasonable shape then the board may decide to upgrade to pro or semi-pro. cant say i know enough about the danish league for your example.

only exception to the rule i believe is queens park in scotland who stay amateur forever

The first step to becoming a semi-pro club is offering full time contracts to all of your players, you also need to promote to a higher division and have some respectable income in your finance tab. ^.^ Don't worry too much about it. It might also come with club reputation, I remember promoting to Coca-Cola League 1 and my club became professional for no apparent reason even thou' all the staff and the players including me had full-time contracts for more than 3 years. ^.^

Archived