Unrealistic

Ok, my first moan about the game.

Playing with Porto, first ten games or so we were smashing all comers 3-0 or 4-0 usually with a couple of smaller wins.

Play against Metalist, very average team, they play us off the park and our players now think they are supposed to shoot at the keeper, not past him. Next game, away at Vit Guimaraes, nearly bottom of the league, and despite having all of the game we lose 2-0. Rolando and Otamendi have went from brilliant partnership, superb morale overnight to the Laurel & Hardy show. I know teams lose or draw but its highly unlikely a teams attacking play will become so poor and defensively so baffling over night.

The back four of van der Wiel----Otamendi------Rolando------Pereira is the best in the league by far.

Full teams don't just lose their form over night. A few individuals may have below par games but not the full squad, when nothing has been changed.

The tactics/player roles are made to fit the team so isn't anything to do with that.

I do thing that this is more due to some unperfections of the game than the fact that it also occurs on real life. Still, this particular case is on of the least problematics, since it is a very comon thing to occur. Just see how Rennes' defence collapse in two several games (losing 6-1 to average sochaux, and 4-3 with 2nd league Reims: and they have the better defence in Ligue1, this season. and what about Porto's fatidique night, agains Benfica, a week ago... It was the whole team, and it was from night to day...

Even though Guimarães were at the bottom of the league on your save they are one of the top 5,6 teams in Portugal, this season Porto actually drew away there and Benfica lost and they actually went to beat Sporting at their home.

Judging from what you are saying though it seems that you got some on a good winning streak that lead to complacency and a freak result which leads to morale getting lower and it's a bit of downward spiral.

I agree that morale is too much important on the game anyway.

It just happens. Every season no matter what is happening with the squad, they will be terrible for a good month. My unbeaten Liverpool side just lost four nil at 18th place Wolves then 2 nil at home to last place Brighton. There's really nothing you can do but try and get the confidence back up, when these runs hit tactics don't matter, that's the most frustrating part.

Strikers ALWAYS go through patches as well. 6 goals in 4 games and then no goals or anything of note for the next 6 games. Why can't I have a striker that will score 2 or 3 in 6 - consistently, instead of achieving the same goal ratio and going through 6-10 games without scoring. Seriously considering going back to playing FM10.

Look here

It could be a number of issues. Moaning and saying its the games fault really isnt going to get you anywhere. You need to find the problem and sort it out and you will start to win again. It could be any number of things. Tactics, team talks, morale......

The above link proves that when things go wrong, with a bit of patience and troubleshooting, you can rectify the problem.

Hope it helps.

Archived