Why can't I get a new job?

S.G.

Does already being in charge of another team when I make my application hinder my chances? Should I resign before seriously job seeking? I ask because there is one specific team that I'm trying to take control of but, despite being a bit overqualified, have been rejected in favour of someone whose CV pales in comparison to mine both times the position has become vacant.

well, sometimes clubs say no cause they cannot afford your salary (they assume you wont take a pay cut) also if they feel you are too overqualified they may not take you as they think you might only stay a season and finally there seems to be a bit of a bug effecting some people being able to move around that much.

well, sometimes clubs say no cause they cannot afford your salary (they assume you wont take a pay cut) also if they feel you are too overqualified they may not take you as they think you might only stay a season and finally there seems to be a bit of a bug effecting some people being able to move around that much.

Nice reasoning there but it's well documented that this area of the game is bugged and SI have already stated this will be improved for 11.3.

Nice reasoning there but it's well documented that this area of the game is bugged and SI have already stated this will be improved for 11.3.

hence why i said "finally there seems to be a bit of a bug effecting some people being able to move around that much."

another great post though, why didnt you attach your regens?

contribute..

I've often wondered about you, do you actually play the game? Serious question. If so what team are you, how are you doing ect?

The reason i ask is that almost every post you make on here is just some sacastic comment or the denial of any bugs/issues in the game that others experience.

I've often wondered about you, do you actually play the game? Serious question. If so what team are you, how are you doing ect?

The reason i ask is that almost every post you make on here is just some sacastic comment or the denial of any bugs/issues in the game that others experience.

i am denying bugs? again, in my post i said there is a bug stopping people from moving around.

I think you may find that your comment was the sarcastic one..

no i dont play the game, they just let random people research for them..

If you want a quick fix, here it is (has worked for me):

Open up your profile in FMRTE

You have three reputations: Home, Current, and World.

Set your home and world reputations to the equivalent of your current reputation.

You should now get the job you are qualified for.

Also: check the reputation of the person who got the job. If his reputation is higher than yours, you are not considered 'more qualified.'

I use this to evaluate my chances of getting jobs before applying since at the lower levels it is really a shot in the dark otherwise.

Hm, well if it's a bug that will be fixed in the next patch, will that fix be applied to saved games or do you have to start anew for the changes to take effect? I don't really want to abandon this save.

all game fixes will be fine for your save to continue, you only need to start again if you want the new transfers etc

dont see what the problem is? All i did was explain why he might be struggling to get a job he is overqualified for, then also said that there is a bug as well, then you say i am being sarcastic and denying bugs. Are you able to explain where the problem is?

I'm overqualified (esp. in comparison to the managers they selected over me both times), but the gap isn't that big. My current team is the best in the country and the team I want to join usually finish between tenth and sixth. I just checked and their current manager is payed £10k less than me per week—not sure if that's enough to put them off me?

all game fixes will be fine for your save to continue, you only need to start again if you want the new transfers etc

OK, great. Cheers.

I'm overqualified (esp. in comparison to the managers they selected over me both times), but the gap isn't that big. My current team is the best in the country and the team I want to join usually finish between tenth and sixth. I just checked and their current manager is payed £10k less than me per week—not sure if that's enough to put them off me?

OK, great. Cheers.

sorry, the forst one wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at Dave who was saying I was being sarcastic etc.

it probably isnt, its is probably to do with the bug i mentioned. Should be ok in the new patch in a few weeks

sorry, the forst one wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at Dave who was saying I was being sarcastic etc.

it probably isnt, its is probably to do with the bug i mentioned. Should be ok in the new patch in a few weeks

Yeah, I think I accidentally quoted the wrong post of yours, sorry. I'll try to hold out for the patch but I'm real tempted by that FMRTE solution. I'll just have to make sure I purge it from my computer after I get the job to remove the temptation to cheat every time I don't get my way—I've learnt with past editions of FM that I lack the self-restraint to use a real time editor responsibly lol . . .

Yeah, I think I accidentally quoted the wrong post of yours, sorry. I'll try to hold out for the patch but I'm real tempted by that FMRTE solution. I'll just have to make sure I purge it from my computer after I get the job to remove the temptation to cheat every time I don't get my way—I've learnt with past editions of FM that I lack the self-restraint to use a real time editor responsibly lol . . .

back your saves up too as it can corrupt them

I would recommend you looking at the reputation of the manager who got the job compared to your reputation before doing anything. If the team you are trying to apply for is in the same country are you are presently in, the FMRTE solution wont do anything. Compare his current reputation to your current repuatation. This is the factor the AI uses when picking a manager.

I had this same issue. I was manager of Notts Forest had just won Prem, Europa League and League Cup and wanted a change as I was getting bored. My home town club Luton Town (in mid-table League 2 at the time) just sacked their manager and I applied but was turned down in favour of an unknown. I went back to a save game a few times and tried applying again to no avail. then i did the same again but resigned at Forest before applying, they offered me the job straight away, although on much less than I was on at Forest - this also removes the new club having to pay compensation which may be an additional problem for the new club.

If i were you, I would save the game before you resign if you are going to try this, then you can always go back if it doesnt work.

I had this same issue. I was manager of Notts Forest had just won Prem, Europa League and League Cup and wanted a change as I was getting bored. My home town club Luton Town (in mid-table League 2 at the time) just sacked their manager and I applied but was turned down in favour of an unknown. I went back to a save game a few times and tried applying again to no avail. then i did the same again but resigned at Forest before applying, they offered me the job straight away, although on much less than I was on at Forest - this also removes the new club having to pay compensation which may be an additional problem for the new club.

If i were you, I would save the game before you resign if you are going to try this, then you can always go back if it doesnt work.

Good idea mate! Welcome to the forums!

Archived