Can Youth Recruitment/Academy be improved ?

I've been managing the same club for about ten seasons. During this time, i constantly got the board to upgrade youth facilities. During this, I have watched how these three ratings evolved (using a real time editor):

Youth Facilities

Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment

The facilities rating is the only one that seems to grow (currently maxed out at 20), while the other two ratings are pretty much the same. Is there anything I can do to improve the Youth Academy/Recruitment ?

Those two seem to be very important. At the end of one season, just before the "new regen day", I saved the game, and manually edited both Youth Recruitment/Academy to 20 (from about 10-12), just to see what happens. I then loaded/continued a few times. With 20/20 Youth Recruitment/Academy I would get almost every time at least one "promising" newgen, while with 10-12 Youth Recruitment/Academy, promising newgens would be extremely rare.

The club is very successful locally (won the first division about 3 times in Romania, and constant ~quarter finalist in Champions League) so I don't think this is the problem (money is neither btw, current club status is rich, with the balance to about 41 mil. euros in green) .

The recruitment network can be improved but it's based on the reputation(if you can't improve and hover the mouse on the board option it says something like it's the higher network to the club current status) and since you are playing on a league with less reputation it's going to be harder to improve.

You probably are going to need to win a couple of European Competitions to take it to the next level(which i recognize is a bit extreme compared to RL).

• 8 months later...

I'm with the hungarian side Pecs. We won 23 league titles, 26 cup titles, 3 CL gold, and 1 EL gold.

The club's reputation is ~8300.

We had to win an EL, and 2 CL to have the youth recruitement became available, but not the youth academy. I've heard something about, that, if the board builds a new stadium, a better academy can come with it. (never saw one of it)

Archived