Question about corners

have made a new tactic and for once put some thought into set peices and have corners set to far post

first game and Carragher scores a HAT TRICK of headers from corners

is there a known corner cheat iin the game, if this is it i'd prefer to go back to mixed corners

thanks for your opinions in advance

Worked in FM10 and will work in the next patch. I don't see it as a bug. I put my best header to attack the far post. Some players bag a lot of goals some don't really get any. I don't think it's a guaranteed way of scoring but if it's the right player you certainly increase your chances.

dont feel bad about it if thats what you would do in real life. if your setting out to beat the me then thats wrong but ive set up my corners to the EXACT same routine ive used for years. and im not going to change it now because this particular fm cant defend against it because id use it if it was useless aswell

Organising set pieces isn't much good in FM tbh. If you know that a particular player is deadly from set pieces, then it makes sense to double up on that player and keep him out of the game... impossible with the current mechanics. They added the set piece wizard, but it's nothing more than a graphical interface for the current system. What's more, it's even worse for arranging set pieces as you can't see, at a glance, the attributes for each player as you position them. Hopefully there will be a complete overhaul of this part of the game in future versions... zonal position, selective man marking, etc.

Archived