Stadium upgrade linked to youth facilities?

I am managing Everton and have noticed recently that I've had sellout crowds to 76 of my last 77 games. But when I go to the boardroom to demand my new pad it is greyed out. I asked for an upgrade to the youth facilities about 6 months before and it just never seems to be finished. Are these linked, i.e can I not request we move/expand the ground when they are improving the youth facilities?

Or is this because it's Everton and it's locked in that the club cannot move (Because it would be nigh on impossible in real life)?

There may be a limit to how much can be upgraded at a time and there will certainly be financial constraints. You could sell out 100 games out of 100 but if you don't have the funds then you wont be getting a new stadium.

i thought you still get a new stadium even without having lots of money as your board just takes out a loan? If you have lots of money or not

Loans would be based on generated income based on a current fan base and what not I expect. If you're losing 200k a month, and need a new stadium, then they aren't gonna take out a loan to finance that when they may not be able to afford the loan repayments.

I don't think it's the finances. I was taken over 2 years previously and have £30m in the bank and no loan debt. Turnover is relatively modest but I would guess that is tied in to the club only having a 49,000 capacity ground. (Goodison was upgraded to this about 4 years previously on the game).

Archived