Creating reserve squad

First I'd better point out I'm playing FM 2007, but I doubt there will be any change in this with different versions.

Finally decided to spread my managerial wings and am considering a job offer in Spain (Second Division B4). The problem I have is that there is no reserves team, I think this is because the Spanish teams don't have a reserves league (not too sure how the structure works in Spain.;)) The issue this gives me is that the first team squad screen is now compeletely filled up with players, meaning I have to scroll down to see other players in the team, most of which are rubbish 19/20 year olds I won't even use)

I was wondering if there was any way I could filter the players I don't need off of the player screen so I can only have the squad I want (kind of like with the confrence south/north reserve teams where they didn't play games but didn't clutter up your first team screen). If I could put the unneeded players into some group which I can toggle on/off so I can check on a few prospects for the future and see if they are ready to be put in the squad occasionally that would be ideal; or do I just have to put up with it and remember the players I actually want to play. Or is their another way I can get them off the screen without selling or releasing them?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Eh never mind, just found out I can still shove unwanted players in the U-19's with no problems. Sucks to be them I guess:)

Archived