Building a New Ground

In Jan 2017 the board (finally) agreed to build a new ground. I had hoped that at the end of the season they would announce the plans for it, and, at that point I could decide if it was going to be big enough to take the club where I want it to go (ie with 30k + seats).

It's now got to that point, but the progress bar says that the planning for the new stadium will be completed 27.5.2020. 3 years seems a long time to be merely planning for. This is the first time it's happened so I don't know exactly how long this kind of thing normally takes, is the new date the date for completion or will I need to wait until then to see the plans for the new ground?

the date is as far as i know for planning only, perhaps they are having difficulty getting funding or planning permission, it does happen in FM mate had a 3 year planning bar before they finally got started with building it. wheras ive had it done in a year.

Ah well. Guess I'll hold out and see what happens with the new ground. I can't bring myself to leave, although I'll be severely disappointed if they plan to build a smallish stadium that has no room for growth for the club.

I'm getting a new stadium at St Pauli, which I have not even asked for (gave up asking years ago, because the council kept blocking the planning permission), and from date of them telling me I am getting one to the date they reckon it will be completely ready to use is 12 months. And this is a 91,000 all seater (which won't be fully used I'm guessing). Take that Wembley.

I have no progress bar for planning (what planning??) nor the actual build. It shows under the information/facilities tab.

Something seems wonky.

3 years seems a long time to be merely planning for.

Four real life examples immediately spring to mind...

Brighton

Everton

Liverpool

Tottenham

Out of those, only Brighton have actually got a new ground while Everton and Liverpool look increasingly likely to stay put.

Can someone explain to me how it works exactly as I have never experienced this.

My board has just approved to build a new stadium, it is now in planning phase for 1 year... what happens after... how long will it take to build it? How much will it cost - I've read something like 200-250M EUR which is a bit frightening as I cannot really afford it...

Archived