Performance Vs Game Speed

My PC Performance is 5 star but as soon as i load another 3 or 4 nations depending on player numbers the Game Speed instantly drops to 1 star is there anything that i can do to ensure that the Game Speed stays at at leaset 3 stars.

What major factor cause the Game Spped to drop and will increasing my RAM form 4GB to 8GB help this?

My Processor Speed Is 2.5Ghz Intel Core 2 Quad just incase you require to know this aswell.

I had a feeling that RAM would be a major favtor might invest in expanding the Bays to 2GB x 4 instead of 1GB x 4. Just in time for 11.3 :D Lol.

Thanks.

I can load all the dafualt nation / the nations that the game comes with and have 2 star but it seems awfully slow and as soon as i load anymore of europe in the cutom section it instanly goes down to 1 star even a half on occasions. I only load the following as playable England, Scotland, Gemany, Italy And Spain. Everywhere else has the top league loaded as viewable. But as soon as i add custom England Nation PLayer and Scotland i go from 2 to 1 or half a star depending on how it feels might.

I don't think FM can use anymore than 4GB so hold off on that spending if you are doing it for FM.

To be honest I think the processor is the biggest bind on performance. But don't be scared off by the stars, they are there as a guide only and I'm not convinced they are accurate. I have currently got a 2 star game going and it runs absolutely fine, no annoying delays or freezes. It takes a bit longer to process the fixtures when there is a lot going on, but I play FM whilst doing other stuff as well so it's not noticable.

Try it out before you spend any money on your PC...

The way I've always thought of the star system is that it is an indication of the worst possible scenario within a game.

So my current game is apparently 1 star because I've got a huge amount of leagues loaded, but 99% of the time it runs perfectly fine, it only starts to chug along when I get a day with hundreds of fixtures being played at once.

Archived