Do you play, or do you wait for 11.3?

Somebody else who have stopped playing FM, and waiting for patch 11.3? I did. I can not motivate my self to play, despite countless attempts, well aware that the patch can be very close. The reason for that is because the game, as it stands right now, is characterized by bugs which to me seems devastating for my motavation to play: "match preparation" bug, "current" save bug, unrealistic "transfer fee" bug, "defensive line and the goal kick" bug, etc. A little too much for my taste.

Thus, FM has been put on the shelf already around the new year. Have not touched it, nor should I touch it before the patch comes out. At the same time, I'm getting very tired of waiting, and I have nothing against if SI decides this time to break with normal practice and release the patch before the middle of February.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah my interested has dwindled since i brought werder to being a dominante force in europe after 5 years or so, i have a load of regens id like to see fully develop but i can only play 2-4 games at a time before i want to switch off lol. Its not all fm's fault i have a lot of other stuff i want to play aswell atm which isnt helping i guess, but yeah bring on feb patch for a new save

I've not started a game of this years FM yet, despite getting it on release date. Far far too many bugs this time around. I doubt I will buy next years version until the 3rd patch has been released.

How do you know which bugs will affect you / you would notice if you haven't started a game? Just read about them? I have purposely not read about bugs and have not spotted any. There is a lesson there...

Having said that, I am waiting for the new patch but because of the official data update not the patch itself.

How do you know which bugs will affect you / you would notice if you haven't started a game? Just read about them? I have purposely not read about bugs and have not spotted any. There is a lesson there...

Having said that, I am waiting for the new patch but because of the official data update not the patch itself.

Theres quite a few issues with the game, anybody with any knowledge of football would see most of them. I have played FM (or CM's) for around 14 years now (ouch) and loved pretty much all of them, but as games become more advanced it's obviously becoming too much of a push each year for them to bring out a game that doesn't need 3 huge updates over the best part of 5 months to still not work as it should (FM10 had a terrible patch cycle)

FM11 issues, off the top of my head....

Too many goals from In-direct free kicks (I score between 20-30 goals per season with these, as Arsenal with a small team that's mostly rubbish in the air)

Too many goals from corners

Crossing is very, very poor

Not enough headed goals from open play (because of the above)

AI managers hardly signing new players

AI managers playing with star players until they 36 with no pace (Because of the above)

Regens/Newgen quality and quantity totally lacking leading to very poor quality long term saves

In the last 2 FM's and hundreds of hours worth of play I have never had a keeper sent off or seen one take a player down giving away a penalty

Target Men do not work as they should

Selling players to AI team's isn't realistic (A good thread on the forum is where a guy couldn't get a good fee for his star striker, yet as soon as he resigned a team paid about 10x his value)

And that's just off the top of my head and a lot of those issues were a problem in FM10 too, yet they still haven't been sorted out

Obviously the list of what does work and is very impressive would take me about a week to type out, and the work SI does on this game every single year is fantastic, however there is a lot of issues with the game each year now and I've grown up enough to realize how silly blind faith in something you love playing can be.

I want to be able to buy FM12 on release date and not be thinking ' Well in 5 months I may be able to play it properly with less bugs '

We shall see...

AI managers hardly signing new players

AI managers playing with star players until they 36 with no pace (Because of the above)

this is such a shame. and it is like this from 2008 edition. it makes game so much unplayable.

its so unplayable when AI doesnt improve. in 2017 in l'pool there is reina, gerrard, agger and so on.

they tended to change it with the 11.1 but they ruined the other things in transfer system (low bidding for players).

i just wanna play game that is not buggy (strikers one on one, transfers bidding, current tactic problem), game where striker can score a lot but that other goals are well distributed, (not like it was on 2009 where stirker could score 20 per season at most), game where you can play effectively good with narrow or wide formation if approach is well suited, game where AI increases their abillity through seasons. thats all. i hope so that we will enjoy in these things with these new 11.3 patch.

i dont wanna play until they release it.

ps

excellent post sirrfuzzy.

I've found FM11 brilliant. On my longest ever save in the FM series. Yeah, there are a few cosmetic bugs and the selling players one is a big of a bugger, but every season you get **** loads of money from TV and doing well anyway.

But yeah, I'm waiting for the patch now. Really want to start again with the new updates. Only been waiting about a week though, if that. Would start a new game on 11.2.1 if it weren't for knowing there's the updates coming...

I don't watch the game, think it takes too much time, have in in commentary mode the whole time so don't notice any of the Match Engine bugs..

I have Yaya Sanogo as my Target Man (supporting) and he does brilliantly and scores quite a few. Target Men and Poachers are the ticket on FM11 - Crouch and Defoe works well

The reputation/job offers bug is the one that really annoyed me... Having won a champions leagues and 3 serie a and some other smaller trophies and still couldnt get a job in the championship....

But i found a way around it till the patch comes out.. Since doing a journey man is not ideal at this time i took on a job in the BSP in England and doing my best to get them as high as possible and not looking to change jobs..

Other then that the other bugs dont annoy me as much..

Haven't been able to get into a game since December. I didn't think the new patch would change things this year either, but Chelsea signing Torres and David Luiz has reignited my thirst for a game on the new patch. I hope they hurry up with it, I worry that if I don't get into a save before Killzone 3 comes out then that might be it for my FM11 gaming.

In terms of the changes that will take place, players who joined in the January transfer window will they transfer to there new club in January or will they alll ready be at the Club come the start of the season?

And managers who have been saked or layed off will they be getting removed by the club at the start of the season or when it happened in real life?

And same here not played since January 4th when i sort of finished off being a manager on patch 11.2.1.

I received the game in Christmas but didn't touch it yet.

I can't play knowing at the same time that exist enormous bugs.

Of course is impossible to have a perfect game, but i can only play when the last patch arrives.

When FM 12 is out, i will still be playing this older version.

That´s why i can't wait till the final patch 11.3 is out.

This forum is the worst thing ever. If it were not for this forum I would think FM was nigh on perfect. It is only through reading the constant moaning of people on here that I realised a patch might be needed and indeed caused me to notice the issues they mentioned.

got three long term saves going and i love it, held off buying it to begin with because i read the forums what a mistake that was. The problems are no where near as bad as what some people make out, but there will never be a perfect game, every single game released now a days has bugs of some sort.

Didn't play it since december, i bought FM2010 on release and regreted it, then, the next year i bought FM2011 on release and regreted it again, there is no way i will buy FM2012 on release until i see on these forums that the game is really finished.

I'm tired of these recent buggy games that are released to raise money quickly, like fallout 3/new vegas, F1 2010...

We, costumers, must pay attention to this corrupt policy and start to devaluate buggy games.

See this... when the game is really ready near march i could have bought it on some steam weekend deal or some other sales promotion

Guest andygregory
I've not started a game of this years FM yet, despite getting it on release date. Far far too many bugs this time around. I doubt I will buy next years version until the 3rd patch has been released.

you could have been me writing this.... I'm also waiting for the final patch before taking the cellophane off the dvd case. Still playing 10.3.

I'll also be waiting until Feb/Mar next year before buying. I see some great offers around this time of year for the latest FM, either that or get it from CEX

FM2011 is a dreadful release, in my opinion.

I was determined to wait for Patch 3 before even bothering this time round, but I got sucked into buying it through Steam just after Patch 2.

You'd think SI would have isolated and fixed the worst of the bugs by that point, but no such luck.

Even with 11.2.1 it's utterly appalling for me. Unplayable.

I will still be buying FM2012 I reckon, but will try harder to make myself stick to my plan of NEVER buying FM again until Patch 3 is out.

Will prob be able to get a cheap second hand copy by that point, as a lot of players will undoubtedly have given up!

Sick of paying £30 for a game that isn't actually playable until the real 2010/11 season is two thirds over...

No idea mate, no doubt someone will post "when its ready". All depends on the patching process tbh and how it works.. if data has been locked and 11.3 has begun/finished testing then in my opinion itll be imminent, possibly before valentines day.... but highly unlikely probably. Wish it was here though as previously stated, cannot get into a game with a patch imminent

Archived