Windows Media Centre & FM

I play my Football Manager in windowed mode with no problems, however after quitting my game once FM closes, Windows Media Centre automatically starts!

Its starting to get rather annoying

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know why it is happening?

How do i stop it?

Thanks

Much FM Love!

I play my Football Manager in windowed mode with no problems, however after quitting my game once FM closes, Windows Media Centre automatically starts!

Its starting to get rather annoying

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know why it is happening?

How do i stop it?

Thanks

Much FM Love!

I know, so frustrating. They should really include a 'quick restart' feature so you can just restart the game you just lost without all the hassle...

Erm....

I know, so frustrating. They should really include a 'quick restart' feature so you can just restart the game you just lost without all the hassle...

Erm....

Its to do with the short cut if you go in C/ Program Files/ Sports Interactive/ Football Manager 2011. There is a file called fm-MCE (Media Centre Edition), if you run FM from there every time you shut it down it opens up MC. Swap your shortcut on your desktop/ where ever you click to open FM with fm.exe and that should sort your problem out.

Its to do with the short cut if you go in C/ Program Files/ Sports Interactive/ Football Manager 2011. There is a file called fm-MCE (Media Centre Edition), if you run FM from there every time you shut it down it opens up MC. Swap your shortcut on your desktop/ where ever you click to open FM with fm.exe and that should sort your problem out.

What is the point of fm-MCE file. Can anyone explain?

What is the point of fm-MCE file. Can anyone explain?
I'd like to know the point of it too.

The solution is to edit the shortcut or create a new shortcut. JJ, above, has the answer. :thup:

I think it for people with Media centre PC's thats all really. If you open up MC and go to the extras folder FM is in there along with a few other stuff.

OT, but I'd like to know this: WMC is terrible, why would you want to use it at all, let alone to play FM? Am I missing something?

I know a lad who has it setup at his Uni digs. He only has a small room so has his PC setup with WMC. So when he turns it on he normally goes to TV and fires that up. When he wants to use the PC he just picks up the air mouse and keyboard and does so. But 99% of the time he just uses his WMC remote and uses it like a normal TV.

Creating a new shortcut like this will certainly cure the problem

• 1 month later...
There's every reason this could happen as FM places a shortcut within Windows Media Centre. Although judging by your infractions, it looks like you've just said that for the hell of it.

here here what a odd reply from george_spurs

Archived