Sneaky way to avoid paying player contracts on release

Some of you may have already noticed this, but for those of you that haven't here's a handy trick.

I'm currently playing as Southampton and am in my 3rd season. After signing a few oldies (Julio Cruz, Sebastiano Siviglia, Omar Milanetto) on frees, they got to the point where they were no longer useful to the squad. Being the ruthless, uncompromising type, I wanted to get rid asap, but no clubs were offering any bids even on a free.

So I looked at releasing them, but it was going to cost me a small fortune in paying out the remainder of their contracts. I then thought of changing the transfer fee/wages ratio so that I had £0 in the transfer kitty. Therefore when I released the players, it cost me nothing (the budget doesn't become negative) and I could re-allocate funds back to the transfer budget with no impact!!!

As I've said very handy if you're working with a tight budget.

Another horrible trick I've employed which no doubt most have you have too, is the sign players on a free and then immediately sell them for profit.

I did this a LOT in my first season and managed to raise a big chunk of money. :D

I like to think of someone doing that in real life, bringing a player in on a free, promising him the world and a great future at the club, flying him over from Italy, and then immediately selling him to the highest bidder!!!!

The only way I sleep at night is the knowledge that Saints would have started with far more money than they are allocated (100k or something) having billionaire owners.

Does anyone else have similar stories or shortcuts to success?

The fee you are required to pay a player to release them of their contract prematurely does not come out of your transfer budget, it comes out of your overall balance (a figure you cannot see though you can get an idea from what your club's financial state is in your club's finances screen.) So I wouldn't use this method too freely if I were you, spending too much money releasing players who have a considerable amount of time left to run on their contracts is a quick fire why to put your club in the red.

The fee you are required to pay a player to release them of their contract prematurely does not come out of your transfer budget, it comes out of your overall balance (a figure you cannot see though you can get an idea from what your club's financial state is in your club's finances screen.) So I wouldn't use this method too freely if I were you, spending too much money releasing players who have a considerable amount of time left to run on their contracts is a quick fire why to put your club in the red.

So, how come when I released a player and it said I would have to pay £150k in compensation, my transfer budget went from £700k to £500k literally straight after I had released the player?

To OP, I tried the budget adjustment method and it worked fine (this was on FMH10) and works on FMH11. But it seems (as Charlie said) it does take it from your overall balance as a few months later my finances went from Okay to Insecure.

Some of you may have already noticed this' date=' but for those of you that haven't here's a handy trick.

I'm currently playing as Southampton and am in my 3rd season. After signing a few oldies (Julio Cruz, Sebastiano Siviglia, Omar Milanetto) on frees, they got to the point where they were no longer useful to the squad. Being the ruthless, uncompromising type, I wanted to get rid asap, but no clubs were offering any bids even on a free.

So I looked at releasing them, but it was going to cost me a small fortune in paying out the remainder of their contracts. I then thought of changing the transfer fee/wages ratio so that I had £0 in the transfer kitty. Therefore when I released the players, it cost me nothing (the budget doesn't become negative) and I could re-allocate funds back to the transfer budget with no impact!!!

As I've said very handy if you're working with a tight budget.

Another horrible trick I've employed which no doubt most have you have too, is the sign players on a free and then immediately sell them for profit.

I did this a LOT in my first season and managed to raise a big chunk of money. :D

I like to think of someone doing that in real life, bringing a player in on a free, promising him the world and a great future at the club, flying him over from Italy, and then immediately selling him to the highest bidder!!!!

The only way I sleep at night is the knowledge that Saints would have started with far more money than they are allocated (100k or something) having billionaire owners.

Does anyone else have similar stories or shortcuts to success?[/quote']

When I started playing FMH(2007 onwards) i did that during the offseason, but realized that you are in danger of have an unhappy squad very easily so i gave up the idea(money over harmony can cause you your job, i realized that)

this was for the PSP btw.

Archived