TheTacticsBoard Takes On A New Form - First Interview Up For Grabs

TheTacticsBoard is a site created by a fan, for the fans. We are acting as a Football Manager Handheld Central, summing up all the very latest FMH news for all its consoles in one place. Not only this, TheTacticsBoard allows FMH fans to stand out and gives them the opportunity to have their opinions and thoughts heard regarding the series. We hope, in the future, to have the chance to interview Sports Interactive staff and those closely associated with the game so that the FMH community can also get to know them better and understand their opinions. TheTacticsBoard members shall also at some stage have the ability to ask SI Staff their own questions that they wish to be answered. TTB's aim is to enlighten the FMH community with latest information whilst bringing SI Staff and FMH fans closer together.

2h4hizs.jpg]

Want your face on the very front page of TheTacticsBoard? You can do so by signing up to be the very first person to have a Football Manager Handheld interview with us. Not only will this allow everyone within the FMH community to see who you actually are, this interview will allow the interviewee to share his/her own opinions and thoughts about anything regarding FMH. In additon to this, the interview shall give the opportunity for you to say how you feel the FMH series has progressed over the years and how you see the future of it, including what features need to be desperately added.

So how do you sign up for this interview?

The signup process is simple. All you have to do is head on over to the site www.thetacticsboard.co.cc and sign up. Once you have done this, there is a dedicated thread to the very first interview on the forums section of the site. Post a comment on this thread with your name and a reason as to why you think you should be picked to take part in this first interview.

P.S

Once the interview has taken place, the lucky individual shall be promoted from being a standard member to a fully fledged VIP member.

TheTacticsBoard is a site created by a fan, for the fans. We are acting as a Football Manager Handheld Central, summing up all the very latest FMH news for all its consoles in one place. Not only this, TheTacticsBoard allows FMH fans to stand out and gives them the opportunity to have their opinions and thoughts heard regarding the series. We hope, in the future, to have the chance to interview Sports Interactive staff and those closely associated with the game so that the FMH community can also get to know them better and understand their opinions. TheTacticsBoard members shall also at some stage have the ability to ask SI Staff their own questions that they wish to be answered. TTB's aim is to enlighten the FMH community with latest information whilst bringing SI Staff and FMH fans closer together.

We are acting as a Football Manager Handheld Central, summing up all the very latest FMH news - Isn't that what most sites do anyway?

their opinions and thoughts heard regarding the series - Aka forums.

interview Sports Interactive staff - Been there, done that :p.

members shall also at some stage have the ability to ask SI Staff their own questions - Forgetting to add the MAY be possible bit?

TTB's aim is to enlighten the FMH community with latest information whilst bringing SI Staff and FMH fans closer together. - A forum then.

Sorry but nothing original.

I wasn't slating TTB I was stating the facts that what you offer is nothing original but just the same things people drone about on forums and sadly that doesn't cut it anymore as people want more from forums now in terms of content and ideas.

I was not arguing at all just stating my opinion so you are jumping the gun a bit there.

I will be brutally honest but constructive, the new site although better in terms of having a main-site, if you can call it that, looks tacky and cheap. You have changed forum software more times then Dec has said you offer nothing original, and believe me he says it enough for me to think it's his favourite phrase! Now I am by no means no expert but here is a couple of suggestions for you. Firstly it is important to show some consistancy, don't change from free forum to free forum every 3 weeks. Secondly work for your members, Dec has put many hours into giving Vibe the content it has, you need to do the same, making a site doesn't mean members will sign up, put in what you expect back and people will appreciate the site more. Finally if I were you try and get away from free forums mate, if you have no money for IPB or V-Bulletin try PhpBB which is an open source, free, forum software where you have access to your own files. That is all I have to say, take this as you will but I genuinely mean this as a help for you. All the best.

You didn't have to be rude though TTB, I was trying to help by voicing my opinions and you just had a mini fit (something I wouldn't trust you with running a site because).

BountyHunter is right but not about my favourite line, that is "Want to see my new logo style?" ;).

no mini fit here pal, like i have said i have heard your opinion and taken it into consideration :)

Bountyhunter, thanks a lot for that :) i shall take a look at PhpBB :)

Feel free to slate TTB all day long but respect it a little yeah?

What did that mean then out of interest?

I presume he meant not what you say but how you say it. It is quite clear you know what you are talking about, perfect for TTB to follow as an example, but as always Dec your way of saying things comes across wrong. I must admit it does seem you're moaning, but I know better of course.

it means you can have your opinion and you can slate TTB all the time if you like but respect it as at least im showing interest in the game and trying to bring the community together as much as i can :) surely that deserves respect in its own right

Sorry but bringing the community together is not making a new site knowing a very good one already exists. By creating your site you have split the community in 2. Bringing them together means you make more less, in this case you have made less more. Makes no sense to me!

Ok then apologies, I just don't see a point of dressing things up and found his response a bit undignified.

your great to the community Dec and we both FMH fanatics lol i think we can agrree on that :p i mean i would love to interview you and find out your opinions etc as your one of the well known members on the FMH scene. I want to have a FMH site pal sorry if that angers you but im only trying (regardless of it being like the 100th time) lol

Sorry but bringing the community together is not making a new site knowing a very good one already exists. By creating your site you have split the community in 2. Bringing them together means you make more less, in this case you have made less more. Makes no sense to me!

i disagree, TTB already speaks highly of FMHVibe, and wil continue to do so and of Dec :) i can see you think its splitting the community but look at all the FM sites around? We have one FMH site, a great one at that, doesnt mean others cannot attempt to have one as each one surely attracts people and newcomers to the community

Why not attract the members going to the new site, to the already established, in your words great, site. Surely that would make the FMH scene more united or am I deluded in thinking that. Your right there is a lot of FM sites around and tbf very few are any good, however FM is a lot bigger to explore, meaning there is room for several sites, FMH is not very big and easily covered by one site, as Dec has proved. By opening your own site you have done nothing wrong, however to say you are bringing the community together is ludacris.

• SI Staff

If possible I'd like to see both TTB and FMHVibe co-exist in a friendly manner, I've always thought that competition can be a very positive thing in general as it encourages people to try harder and do better in order to stay on top.

(at least thats how I've always seen rival games to mine, its great they exist and keep pushing us to improve - the last thing I'd ever want it to become complacent)

It means to bring the community together, just like he said. Not the whole community, ond the community of his site. Makes perfect sense to me.

--TTB, shame that you have no filesystem access; I was going to offer to make you a career signature generator to give your site a USP, I won't bother now as I have no real reason to do it just for myself. Whilst I disagree that you should have to pay for your site to popular; as I know plenty of sites don't pay more than a couple of quid a month, but you should still try to get access to your filesystem as you can get soo much more power like that.

It means to bring the community together, just like he said. Not the whole community, ond the community of his site. Makes perfect sense to me.

--TTB, shame that you have no filesystem access; I was going to offer to make you a career signature generator to give your site a USP, I won't bother now as I have no real reason to do it just for myself. Whilst I disagree that you should have to pay for your site to popular; as I know plenty of sites don't pay more than a couple of quid a month, but you should still try to get access to your filesystem as you can get soo much more power like that.

Maybe he could be a little more specific then. Community in the sense he has used is for FMH players in general, the community on his site would be quite specific.

Dec, when I said that, it was two weeks before my first GCSEs. Yesterday I just finished the last of my GCSEs (excluding coursework/controlled assessments) until June.

Besides, the majority of my free-time ends tomorrow-ish when my artist starts continuing the art for my upcoming Android game; thus why I asked TTB earlier today :)

Archived