Confidence affecting players in game

Sorry if this is already in affect within the game, but I will make this anyway.

So it started with the thread about capped PA, and wether it should be in place within the game, and it got me thinking of a few ways in which it could be changed for the better/ unpredictability. Now I think capping PA is needed because players could just buy random amounts of youth from anywhere and make them into top players

But it still got me thinking and one of the things that seems to be missing is a confidence bar of some sort. I understand their are Morale, consistency and Avg performances that will contribute to how well a player performs etc.

A few players of recent that fall into this bracker as an example are:

Berbatov - Had a few indifferent seasons with united, now this season most things he touch are golden

Rooney - The opposite effect. Last season booming with confidence, a season later he is struggling for his best form

Bardsley - Never scored then suddenly 2 goals withing a few games

Richardson - Again, not scoring many goals, then 3 or so goals in as many games

Saha - From no goals to goals galore

Nasri - Went from a good player to this season being one of the highlights in the Arsenal team

etc etc

What I was thinking is, within the mental stats of a player their should be an extra column where certain mental stats get a + or - of 1 or 2 points depending on recent performances.

Berbatov for example, this confidence in front of goal has been far superior to last season, so in the game consistently scoring within 3 games or so his composure would take a a one point boost, as in front of goal he is being more lethal, whereas Rooney being a bit more goal shy this season, if a striker for example goes on a drought of 5 or so games he loses a point in the composure column as in front of goal he hasnt got the confidence he had.

For midfielders also, getting a few assists consistently over a certain amount of games would give them a hit within the flair and creativity

People who have just come back from bad injuries, their bravery could take a hit of 2 or 3 until they get back into the game.

Keepers who have saved some penalties, or won a penalty shootout for their team gets a boost on one on ones. Or a keeper who makes a blunder loses points within their handling.

Players playing in derby matches or against rivals, their aggresion raises a few notches

You get the idea. The above is just a few examples, but it would be a lot more in depth for most mental stats

The way im thinking is, its not a perminant increase in points but instead of being 'Compsure 15' it would look like 'Composure 15 +1' meaning that the +1 can easily be lost with a bit of lost form.

In real life players lose and gain confidence all the time at so many standards. It shows when I play through the week also, when I have a good game, my passing becomes better, and I feel I can pick the impossible pass out so I try them more than I would when im playing bad.

Same with Bardsley, scored his first goal for Sunderland, then the week after scores again. Now the question is, would he have taken that shot if he hadnt scored the week before?

Sorry for the long post, and sorry that it seems to be a bit all over the place. Also if its also implemented, sorry for the wasted post, but it was just an idea :p

Archived