Reckless Two Footed Tackles

Is there a reason why i persistently get players sent of for reckless lunges even when in most cases the player that performs these challenges isn't particularly aggressive? I used to think the frequency of these challenges were down to my universal tackling setting but i have changed this and the problem is still occurring.

Does anyone else have this problem?

what is your captian like mentally? What situations are they being sent off for, are they wound up after conceeding or because a player has been sythed down or is it just completely out of the blue? Do they have a good tackling attribute? Personality wise what are they like?

what is your captian like mentally? What situations are they being sent off for, are they wound up after conceeding or because a player has been sythed down or is it just completely out of the blue? Do they have a good tackling attribute? Personality wise what are they like?

My last three red cards are as follows:

1. Sangala who has a 'Fairly Professional' personality - aggression 11 tackling 16 - sent off 57mins at 1-1, Arsenal equalized 53mins.

2. Evra who has a 'Determined' personality - aggression 14 tackling 15 - sent off 32mins at 2-2, Aston Villa equalized 29mins.

3. Valencia who has a 'Fairly Ambitious' personality - aggression 10 tackling 8 - sent off 59mins at 1-0.

My captain is Vidic - aggression 18 with a determined personality

what tackling level have you got them on?

I have a universal default setting for my tackling, i looked into each players tackling setting and it varies for normal to hard depending on what position they play in and what role i have assigned them.

Even if someone is assigned to hard tackling i do not think this should give them license to perform reckless unnecessary two footed challenges frequently.

it could be that your players are getting wound up when losing, all three have been when your losing games and with vidic being so agressive and determined it could be rubbing off on your team, especially if you have just conceeded i have noticed a few of my players getting wound up in the same situations but its a difficult one, i would like the option of a "calm down" shout from the touchline for these exact situations.

Archived