What languages have you learned?

My virtual manager knows English, French, Chinese, Cantonese, German, Russian, Ukrainian in my career game. :cool:

The first four were default from my Canadian-HK setup (I don't know French IRL tho), and I learnt German at Frankfurt, Russian at Donetsk, and Ukrainian with the Ukrainian national team.

My career with the main language in (parenthesis)

From Auckland City (English) -> Anhui Jiufeng (Chinese) -> Henan Jianye (Chinese) -> FSV Frankfurt (German) -> Shakhtar Donetsk (Russian)

A move to Italy/Spain/Holland/Turkey is probably next, and maybe national team jobs in an Asian nation Korea/Japan or even Saudi Arabia to learn some Arabic.

How many languages has the virtual you learned?

My manager knows English,Chinese,Spanish and Welsh

English and Welsh is from my managers setup. Learnt Chinese from managing Hunan Xiangtao and Shanxi Chanba, learnt Spanish from managing in Colombia with A Deportivo Pasto.

I have a great little error here.

I keep learning Spanish.

First save, about 10 years in (having only managed in England and Italy) I suddenly learnt Spanish.

Current save, at the end of the first season I realised I had learnt Spanish again. This is from being an English manager in Germany!

Haven't touched the database.

This has to be a bug - doesn't it?

My virtual is of Danish-Dutch nationality (like me), which makes him know the following languages from the start of the game:

Danish, English, German, Dutch, Norwegian and Swedish.

I'm currently playing with the Andorra database update and have been playing with a team from Andorra, which makes him know the following:

Catalan.

I speak English.

My manager, due to my database addition, speaks Korean, English, French, Swedish, Portuguese, and Cornish.

Cornish is odd as I set 0% of Englishers to speak Cornish.

He's North Korean/English and has managed in Finland, Brazil, and Russia, but only for a week or two.

I wish there was an option at the start of the game to choose which languages you can speak without having to add a second nationalilty or move abroad to learn a new language. For example I am English and I can speak German, Portuguese (basic) and Polish (basic) but there is no way my virtual manager can speak these languages unless I add one country as a second nationality and take a job in the other countries.

I'm with you there, Swedezinho. I speak some Portuguese IRL, so to do that in game I made my second nationality Brazilian (though I wouldn't mind if that were true). So with American-Brazilian I started speaking English, Spanish, and Portuguese. After a year stint managing the Netherlands U21 I picked up Dutch, and I've been working in Italy for awhile and thus know Italian, too. If only it were so easy to pick up more languages in real life...

Archived