Morale

I am just curious as to what other people's feelings on morale in FM11 are. I will start with an example:

I am managing Farnborough, first season i sneak through the play-offs and get promoted to the Blue Square Prem, 2nd season i am predicted to struggle but finish a modest 12th. 3rd season, after signing a few players and improving the team i find myself sitting 2nd in the league after 14 games despite being predicted to finish 15th. Everyone is happy, yay. Now this isn't a boast of how well i've done, i feel i need to show what i've done (albeit only over 2+a bit seasons) with the club to determine the degree of trust the players/fans/staff should have in me.

Now - Im on a 4-game win streak and im home to Altrincham (23rd) in the league. I get beat 1-0 and generally put in a sub-standard performance therefore i tell my team im angry with them for the performance, bar the odd player who got above a 6.9 AVR. Next game im at home to Forest Green (18th) in the league and i see that virtually all my players are 'Okay' morale. Fair enough, however, i check Forest Green's players and they're mostly 'Good' or 'Very Good' despite them winning once in the last 4 games!

Surely this isn't right? After proving my worth over the first 2 seasons, my players must have a fairly decent trust with me and should maybe think "well if he's unhappy then it must be for a reason" rather than just a blanket dissapointment. Am i wrong to think that maybe the morale might need a little tweaking considering it does affect matches quite a lot?

I sometimes see people with low morale for no good reason. Such as when I've been on a winning run, a player has been doing well, I've not said anything that appears to have upset him in the media or in team talks, but his morale is rock bottom. Either the game has messed up, or any comments I've made have upset him but the game doesn't show me that.

I sometimes see people with low morale for no good reason. Such as when I've been on a winning run, a player has been doing well, I've not said anything that appears to have upset him in the media or in team talks, but his morale is rock bottom. Either the game has messed up, or any comments I've made have upset him but the game doesn't show me that.

There are other ways their morale gets messed up is are you signing anyone at his position or he wants to move a different club and you won't let him. Or he is tutoring someone he doesn't like or he doesn't like someone on the team. If not those I don't know. I run Santos FC and I have Europe trying to poach all my young talent but their morale gets destroyed when i deny them the opportunity. The morale of Neymar and Paulo Henrique becomes horrible by the 2nd month, and they are always asking to move to a bigger team. Even though my team in 2nd place in my league.

Archived