The state of regens.

Some of the regens in the game are simply amazing. I have one in my save called Marquinhos - Paid £70mil for him, and despite what the board say, he is a quality signing. However, for the vast majority of the regens in the game, this isnt really the case.

Whilst some of them have really quality stats, there is usually just the one crucial attribute that means they cannot get into my side. For example, strikers may be missing dribbling, attacking midfielders lack flair or defenders lack the ability to jump, and they are nearly all completely one footed. It doesnt just stop at players, real players who have gon on to be managers all tend to lack a crucial stat as well. For example, Seb Giovinco has great Mental, Tactical and Technical stats, but his Man Management stat is as low as makes no difference, meaning he really should not be a manager!

The FM regens have been pretty poor for a while, well, at least since I started playing FM06! Would be nice if one day we saw regens that were of the quality of footballers today!

I agree. The newgen template needs to be changed so the newgens are more well rounded. I rather have an average teen and develop certain parts of his game to suit his position and my tactic than a Theo Walcott.

i would disagree to be honest, i thought exactly the same to begin with and did complain in a few threads, but now after 9 seasons i can honestly say they look good and even, there are a few with some missing stats but they are rare i have found. Flair is one of those much talked about stats that i personally dont pay that much attention too, i find world class players will be world class regardless of that stat, and dribbling really is not an issue, not every striker can dribble.

Some of the regens in the game are simply amazing. I have one in my save called Marquinhos - Paid £70mil for him, and despite what the board say, he is a quality signing. However, for the vast majority of the regens in the game, this isnt really the case.

Whilst some of them have really quality stats, there is usually just the one crucial attribute that means they cannot get into my side. For example, strikers may be missing dribbling, attacking midfielders lack flair or defenders lack the ability to jump, and they are nearly all completely one footed. It doesnt just stop at players, real players who have gon on to be managers all tend to lack a crucial stat as well. For example, Seb Giovinco has great Mental, Tactical and Technical stats, but his Man Management stat is as low as makes no difference, meaning he really should not be a manager!

The FM regens have been pretty poor for a while, well, at least since I started playing FM06! Would be nice if one day we saw regens that were of the quality of footballers today!

I'd suggest that while this is true to a degree, it's nowhere near as prevalent as in previous games.

It is a tad annoying though. I've got an Argentine striker coming to me with a 187 PA (yes, I cheated, boohoo :p) with 17 finishing and 6 dribbling, to go with his high pace, technique, acceleration, etc. His flair is also murderously low. When was their last a world class Argentine striker who couldn't dribble? Sigh. :p

When I compare the freshly created regens (from all over the world) to the young players I have at the start of the game (Werder Bremen, Germany), I'm tempted to say they are too good at a young age. But maybe it's just because I'm not playing in England.

Archived