Newbie Question: Press conference .... Important?

I am new to the whole Football manager world ... i have also tried searching through the forums ... But couldnt find an answer.

The press conference after the games ... Do they make a difference at all? Or can I send the assistant everytime to take Over?

Cheers

Giving the correct responses to the questions asked at both the pre and post match conferences along with a good understanding of how to respond at in game team talks are far too important to be left to the assman. In my opinion this is where you can win many games and is really worth making an effort to understand. This is a "Management" game and the subjects above are the crux of good management.

Press conferences aren't all that important and do get repetitive, though I have noticed that I tend to get better results when I do them as opposed to when I send my assistant, so I usually do them- they become really easy and quick when you know all the right answers, which don't take too long to figure out.

I am new to the whole Football manager world ... i have also tried searching through the forums ... But couldnt find an answer.

The press conference after the games ... Do they make a difference at all? Or can I send the assistant everytime to take Over?

Cheers

As you've probably noticed, everybody on here as their own opinion of what's important in their game world and what isn't. I've had great success sending my assman in the past but only when it was one with the right attributes in the right places, so from then on that's been my guide when choosing to do it or not.

Edinton, what attributes does the Assman need in order to go to press conferences? I didn't think he needed any but I generally always send him anyway because conferences don't really add much to the game as it's always the same 5 questions every time it seems.

i look for assistant managers who have 15+ for man management and motivation. my current ass man has the aforementioned attributes he's been brilliant in press conferences for 9 years. he was a former small club player i signed on as assman in my second season. he's my right hand man now i'll bring him along everywhere i go.

Archived