MLS Designated Players Wage

OK so im in me second season with the LA Galaxy. i am looking for my third designated player and asked the ass man to construct a list of suitable designated players. However I have found that the max wage i can offer the designates players is £44,000 a week which is not enough to attract the auitable players. Also it is no where near the contracts of Beckham, Hnery, Marquez etc. My finances are fantastic and i don't know why the board is capping the amount of money i can offer the designated players. Am I missing something or is the MLS still not working properly?

After just completing a season in the MLS I must say it was a enjoyable experience but it was very hard to attract good quality players and the salary cap is very annoying. I managed to get a job back in England which is alot better. I did notice that even when resigning Beckham I could not offer no where near his 125k a week he was on the LA board seem to be very very tight regardless of how financially well off you are.

I joined Philadelphia 4 seasons in and had the same restrictions. Still managed to get Vela, Diaby and Flamini at the end of their contracts for £20-30k. I also got Coloccini on a senior contract and I had N'gog for a couple of month, but he was poor even by MLS standards.

I believe the maximum number of Designated Players allowed per MLS club is two.

Hope someone with greater knowledge of the MLS can come along shortly to clarify.

No th ey changed it to 3 recently to try and get more stars into the MLS. I just don't understand why I am being capped to £44K when the whole point of a designated player is that you can offer rally big wages without laying a poo on your measily 30K wage cap.

Archived