What happened to my Hard-earned Money!?

Dividends is shareholder pay-outs. You have to pay them out every year. I'm not entirely sure why, or what benefit you get financially from shareholders, but I think you do get some benefit.

The investment for the future isn't something I've seen (I wish SI would explain every feature, and what they mean, because us guessing will always be wildly wrong lol), but I assume they will use it behind the scenes, maybe for youth player recruitment before they get promoted to your Under 18's, or maybe it's the games way of stopping your balance getting too big so the game doesn't crash, or maybe it's the chairman withdrawing his previous cash deposits? Either way, I'd suggest that you haven't lost it, and should your balance get reduced to less than £100million, that money should be returned one way or another.

I'm currently in 2018 and managing Manchester united. I had £1 billion but now i get the message "Man Utd invest for future" and someone took £200M into a reserve investment funds.

Whats this all about? I dont get it . btw wht is dividends?

Due to the way a computer handles numbers FM is limited on what it can show and when your balance reaches a certain number it flips to a negative. To stop this happening FM is programmed to move money into the "Reserve Investment Fund" before the balance reaches that number. I believe the money is returned if your balance drops significantly.

Dividends are money paid to shareholders of a company.

Dividends is shareholder pay-outs. You have to pay them out every year. I'm not entirely sure why, or what benefit you get financially from shareholders, but I think you do get some benefit.

Because the shareholders are the ones that invest the money in the first place. They own the club. Dividends are a 'return' on their investment. The more profit a company makes and the better it is performing, the larger dividend pay-outs are. Every public company (All Premier league teams) pay them.

The benefit of paying them is that you attract shareholders, AKA future investers, the larger your dividend pay outs are the more attractive it is for a future investor to pour money into the club and take share ownership

Shareholders are just the club's owners. It's perfectly standard practice for business owners to extract some of the profit from the company - after all, it's why they invested in the company in the first place.

reserve investment funds = the club take so much money out of your main account and put it into another one (assumably with a high interest rate) for a rainy day when the finances no longer look so rosey. so the money is still at the club but you cant see it

Archived